Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, if this sucker drives like we think it will then who in here is willing to pay $34K?
Will you wait until you get your price?
Will you buy something else if you can't get your price?
If so, what will it be?
Will any of you wait until GPS and stick come out?

------------------

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All due respect, Erik, I will not be paying sticker if I choose to buy the IS. Granted, I have an "in" but rest assured there will be IS's sold under sticker this summer.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my negotiating skills puts food on the table but I can't necessarily say that's entirely why I won't pay sticker. My father and I send several people each year to a specific Lexus dealership who purchase from them using our names. So, our commission, let's say, are very fair prices on new Lexus purchases.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tell you what, Eric, I'll send you my paperwork if I get this car. How's that? I'm not trying to show you up, it's just that my situation is a reality.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, I think I just got slammed...oh, well, does the fact that when the GS 300 and 400 debuted selling significantly below MSRP mean anything? I don't know why this car will be any different.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay everyone, sure, plenty of people pay MSRP: therein lies the problem. Dealers garner a false sense of reality due to mindless people paying sticker. There are a few exceptions, i.e., Saturn and a special edition car like the C class and S70 GLT SE. But, in those cases you are well below 10% over invoice with no holdbacks involved. If more people would do their homework it would be even easier for us to hammer down the margins. Oh well, it's sport for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.