Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a flat today and proceeded to drive another couple of miles home. I looked at the tire and thought great it is ruined. Not even 1000 miles on the car and it needs a new tire. I wanted to throw up! I hope the wheel is okay. Seems like I saw another post about a flat. Is it common for these low profile tires to get flats a lot? Needless to say my wife has been reinformed on the Lexus roadside assistance and not to drive the car with a flat.
Chris

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Don't Lexus have a warranty on the tires?? I thought the dealer told me that they're warranted against any road hazards or something.....

Wouldn't hurt to check.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A warranty would be effective if there was a problem with the tire. The tire was driven on for over two miles which compromised the integrity of the sidewall. That would not be covered under warranty.
Chris

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
That's insane. NTB has a better warranty than anyone. Just make sure you buy from them for your next set of rubber.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Was the flat caused by a puncture or bent rim? I remember the M3's having alot of problems with bent rims because of the 45-series tires.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A warranty doesn't protect against road hazards unless you buy one from a tire shop. Your comprehensive coverage may cover it but given the deductible, I would just go to a tire shop and get a new one. Not a big deal. Just have them check the rim to make sure it didn't get bent over that two mile drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts