Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
What kind of ticket? How much is the fine? Typically, you'd defend yourself in Traffic Court. Go buy the vehicle code of your state and read up, take pix etc...don't pay a lawyer to do this...you are probably better off pleading guilty, going to Traffic School etc. Unless you ran someone over or something...then you really should speak to a lawyer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah, what kind of ticket?
$150-$ 200 two years ago for speeding.. you know what? even though you if have a lawyer, you still get two points on your record. i would suggest you to defend yourself, even if you lost, two points too(Upstate NY, i am not sure about other places), that way you don't have to pay the lawyer. violation penality fee you still have to pay no matter what.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't stop at a red light before making a right turn. In NJ you can make a right turn even if it red. I slowed down, but the cop apparently didn't take it. The lawyer fee I was quoted is $400. I figure it should be cheaper than paying extra insurance for 3 years. The lawyer said it was a 2pt violation.

·
Registered
260 Posts
all cops sucks, NJ even the worst of all..

acutally run red light and run stop sign have a heavier penality then speeding. so two points is not that bad, take a defensive driving course then, good for 3 years for insurance..

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I have used Ticket Attorneys in South Florida for under $75. There are law firms that specialize in tickets and even DUI. For most moving violations, the fee is a fixed amount. One place I used was $69 (case dismissed! booya!) the other was $75 (not guilty, court costs like $25)...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
I have used Ticket Attorneys in South Florida for under $75. There are law firms that specialize in tickets and even DUI. For most moving violations, the fee is a fixed amount. One place I used was $69 (case dismissed! booya!) the other was $75 (not guilty, court costs like $25)...

do you just look up in the yellow page and find one attorney?
how does the ticket attorneys work?
pricing? fixed? or depend on the hours?
for sure to fight to the end not guilty or money back?
let me know about it

thank you

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by IS3:
do you just look up in the yellow page and find one attorney?
how does the ticket attorneys work?
pricing? fixed? or depend on the hours?
for sure to fight to the end not guilty or money back?
In South Florida anyway, yes, just look in the yellow pages. There are lawyers that specialize in traffic violations. Most offer a "no points on your license or your money back" guarantee. Here's a very popular one that I've used before: The Ticket Clinic.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by IS3:
what about pricing?
See my first post in the thread...that you quoted even...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 11 of 11 Posts