Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
+rep..

I've followed some of your work on hidplanet for a good while now, before I got my IS.. Good stuff man, good stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
When i get some orders... haha
But really. I want to seal them back up and make sure everything is good before i can sell them. The last the thing i want to is to spend so much time making them, and find out that there's a defect in my wiring. I've ran the leds with my variable power supply and it seems to run good. I just have to make my voltage regulartor and i should be set. I don't want to sell the item until I can vouch for myself.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
wow! looking good man! sooo that means you'll make it to the meet! nice!! +rep!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That's a great project! I know they look sweet in person. +rep

·
Registered
539 Posts
+ rep man! i love those tails!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
+rep..

I've followed some of your work on hidplanet for a good while now, before I got my IS.. Good stuff man, good stuff. :)
Yea i am an active member of HIDPlanet. There's lots of great ideas on that site. And it's constantly growing.

wow! looking good man! sooo that means you'll make it to the meet! nice!! +rep!
I have work that day. If i finish these tails and can get the day off, then i'll come. Put me down as a maybe for now.

No one has commented on the idea of tinting the lens.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
nice, well hopefully i'll see you here for the meet,

well the thing is, here in cali, you'll get pulled over easily for tinting them, i know i had them. it is a good idea, maybe a LIGHT tint? that might work, do it!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
There's been a hold on the tail lights. It just hit me that i want a higher level of quality. Although right now it is very good, i'm not satisfied with the board. I am pretty anal, and like things perfect. I'm going to find another board that has the solder points on them. Right now, the boards i have don't have the solder points so i have to use alternative methods to solder it. I also decided that i don't want the outer ring for parking. I want to keep the oem look, so i'm planning to use a PWM to set a dimmer setting for parking, and a voltage regular to have full brightness when shipping. So when my parking light is on, then i'll be dim, when i'm braking, it'll be bright.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The project has been driving me nuts. I've just purchased another 2 lots of leds (120 leds in total). That way i should be ready for the next project. I've also placed an order with my supplier for the pwm kits. Now i just need to stop by fry's and see what the have that i can use. Just when i thought i was done with my project, i stop myself to improve it. It doesn't look like i'll finish by the 3rd.

·
Registered
452 Posts
how much would you want to charge to do something like this after you have tested them out and everything? id be interested in a pair possibly! again looks great
+REP

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I just finished redoing the leds with a new board. I'm VERY happy with the results. The leds now sit a little more flush and stay put. These boards are perfect. Here's a quck video of it.
I'm taking orders now, so shoot me a PM and i'll let you know the details. Parts are pretty expensive for this project. The board alone is 69 a peice, the leds are around $.50 each. The control modules arn't cheap either.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ky6bLvQpw98&

61 - 80 of 179 Posts