Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
the rear.. u can pop the lens off.. but as for the front.. i havnt seen poeple pop the lens off.. instead you pull down the whole assembly to get to the wedge bulbs. good luck on ur install

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You don't need to pop off the whole assembly for the front. You can pop off the cover. There are 2 small indentations on where you can stick a thin screwdriver to pop the cover off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't need to pop off the whole assembly for the front. You can pop off the cover. There are 2 small indentations on where you can stick a thin screwdriver to pop the cover off.
i popped off the cover. and then there are 3 bulbs in there
the middle bulb comes right off but the outer 2 are harder to take out.
i want to know how to take out these bulbs and put in the LED one.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
get pliers, a napking/paper towel, wrap pliers with napkin/paper towel, take out bulb. dont put too much pressure so you dont break it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are pictures

i took off the middle bulb but i couldnt take off the outer 2 bulbs
can anyone show me how to take it off??
i know "car lost" told me how to, but it still doesnt work. the black base twists of but the bulbs stay in place.

and also.....can someone show me how to put this piece on??

thank you sooooooo much. x]

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I don't know why you're having so much trouble pulling out those 2 bulbs.... let me try to make it more detailed.

1. Get some needle nose pliers.
2. Wrap a piece of napkin/paper towel around the tip.
3. Take the pliers and try to wiggle out the bulb while applying some pressure.
4. Apply some pressure but not too much. Practice on the bulb you took out to see how much pressure is enough.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Oh yeah, to put in the LED, put in at an angle the piece you are touching with your thumb, first. Then just push the other side up.

It doesn't look like it will fit if you just place it there straight up but it will once you put it in there at an angle. It will be a snug fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know why you're having so much trouble pulling out those 2 bulbs.... let me try to make it more detailed.

1. Get some needle nose pliers.
2. Wrap a piece of napkin/paper towel around the tip.
3. Take the pliers and try to wiggle out the bulb while applying some pressure.
4. Apply some pressure but not too much. Practice on the bulb you took out to see how much pressure is enough.
i pulled the middle bulb out witrh my fingers. very little pressure used. i did the same with the other 2 bulbs and its not coming out. idk...ill try my best to get them out without breaking them.

thnx carlost for all your help tho. x]

·
Registered
109 Posts
After you close the door... does the whole front light assembly go black?

If you went the individual 194/168 LED route, I know the middle one stays on after you close the door....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After you close the door... does the whole front light assembly go black?

If you went the individual 194/168 LED route, I know the middle one stays on after you close the door....
i set it up so that it the lights turn off when i close the door.
however, im pretty sure i can set it up where it can stay on when i close the door.

btw...it went well. ill post pics up soon. it look hecka sick. and at night...its hecka bright. x] i love it

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
i set it up so that it the lights turn off when i close the door.
however, im pretty sure i can set it up where it can stay on when i close the door.

btw...it went well. ill post pics up soon. it look hecka sick. and at night...its hecka bright. x] i love it
i would like to check out your car sometime to see it. And also, like the poster above me, who was the seller? I can't seem to find it on ebay anymore.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
thanks for the link. that's ridiculously bright

1 - 16 of 16 Posts