Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Mike broke his out awhile back, and I've had a design in mine for awhile, but i redesigned them and got the final version completed.

Here are the pics for those who PM'd me about the inners.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
insp, looks great :) Now let me come out and bake my fogs, bish! :D

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
damn.. those are nice. but too much for me. i think theres too many led's for the trunk lenses. i would be down for these but i have the ones mike made for the outside tails. i want to keep the same pattern throughout.

+rep for looking great and doing a great job!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
man if there bright as hell in the pics, im scared to be behind you! I guess no one can use the excuse his taillights don't work lol!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Those look really badass.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XaLtezZaX said:
man if there bright as hell in the pics, im scared to be behind you! I guess no one can use the excuse his taillights don't work lol!
That is just glare that all cameras pick up. They are bright, but not too bright.

The setups I've done are dual-stage setups. The outer rings are dimmed when just the parking lights are on, but come on to full brightness (matching the brightness of the inside rings) when the brakes are applied.

This way, it is more apparent when the brakes are applied.

I'm doing another setup for a customer who is not a fan of the inner tails having rings, and wants to use OEM lenses, so my configuration is the same, but instead, all LEDs are on low power while the parking lights are on, and all LEDs go to full brightness when the brakes are applied.

The possibilities are endless really.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aeugrx said:
Nice job! Any daytime pics?
When it stops raining over here and i wash my car in 50° weather, yes!!!!

Waiting for the forecast to show at least 3 days of clear skies... No cooperation thus far...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
custom made,

there is one that lextasy, is selling, and ebay also

but alot of .net members are fitting lextasy a bad rep.

lextasy = -rep :plasma:

·
Registered
873 Posts
you know what i think would look better?

it needs a lot of explaining.

for those of us who own lights that arent modded by LED's, when our lights are on (just on, not braking), both the inner and outter lenses are lit up by a bulb. The same four bulbs (inner/outter) light up during braking.

I think a better look would be to change our tail-lights so that when we brake, all four (inner/outter) regular bulbs dont light up, and are instead replaced by a single circular band of LED's in each of the four lenses (much like the first pic of this thread). The four regular bulbs would be illuminated the whole time, and so would the LED's, but the only one's to get brighter during braking would be the LED's, while the inner bulbs of each lense just remain lit.

Its basically replacing all the little LED's that fill in the middle of the circle with our regular bulbs. Might be interesting to try out.

anyone get it?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Flipside408 said:
nice...who's selling these?
uh, inspir is selling these lights. He made them himself.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts