Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long can you safely without damaging anything leave the IS with the engine on ? Sometimes I go to pick my gf up from school and she is late and I sit in the car for maybee 30 minutes to an hour, and here in Texas its Hot, so i leave the car on for the AC till she comes.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by NDNRoMeO82:
How long can you safely without damaging anything leave the IS with the engine on ? Sometimes I go to pick my gf up from school and she is late and I sit in the car for maybee 30 minutes to an hour, and here in Texas its Hot, so i leave the car on for the AC till she comes.
Sounds like you need to get a new girlfriend, one who's a bit more prompt, or just give her the bill when your alternator blows up... Kidding of course.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
If the engine's running, you're not damaging anything anymore than you be if you were driving - just wasting gas. Your alternator could probably take a beating though, since it's getting less charge than if it the engine was running at higher rpms...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
NDNRoMeO82
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing