Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets Guys/Gals:

I love this forum and have been reading about all the mods I want to put on. In the meantime, I have an interior question. I purchased my 2001 GGP with 29k miles on it and now it's up to 36.5k. The interior is still in great condition and I'd like to keep it that way. Do you guys recommend a leather/suede conditioner or cleaner that is better than the others?

I was looking in my local autoparts store and didn't find anything that worked with suede. Any suggestions/advice?
Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Go with Lexanol Leather care products, at least that's what I use. Get the Shampoo and Conditioner, its kinda a hassle tho. I have the mini-bottle type, I'd get the spray type.

I don't have this, but the Lexus dealer has ecsaine conditioners, I'd try that. :wink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I really havent found any cleaners that work great. My interior looks good as well, but id like to get that new look again. My previous posts led me to what i use now...a damp clean cloth(wter only)...every cleaner i see also says do not use on suede. Now, i know we have ultra suede, which might not apply to our ultra suede...but im afraid to chance it.

So, ill repeat the original question. Is there a GREAT cleaner out there. DOes lexanol or lexol whatever it is, really work that good. Come on peps. someone has to know a secret cleaner that is the bombdiggity.

·
Registered
214 Posts
haha I wouldn't say lexanol is that good. The Japanese products I get at AutoFreak (in Socal) is probably the best. The dashboard also glistens with oily shine.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
You like that oily greased look to your interior Shuggy? I use lexanol on the leather parts of my seats and it doesnt leave them oily/shiny looking. I like a nice matte finish to the seats and interior parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.