Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS300 leather is nice and soft.. but it wrinkle too damn easy. especially on the front seats.

Anyway, how much would it cost to get the seats done in full leather?? anybody got an idea?

·
15,322 Posts
how bouts this? seat covers...
http://www.nismo.com/Accessories/Toyota/altezza/interior.html

Japanese yen at about 84000 equals about $774 before shipping. kinda pricey though, you gotta email them to find out how much it would total, if it is less, maybe this would be a better choice.

getting an upholster to redo it in leather should run anywhere from 1000-1900

·
15,322 Posts
i dont know, i think it would work, to an extent, esp when the escaine has little holes for it to pass through, but im pretty sure it would work. i was thinking about it last night after my last post, maybe you can find an upholster to fabricate some type of medium/high density foam with a hard core and insert it at the edges of the front seats, that way the leather won't be able to bend since it has support, if you do this, make sure the harder foam reinforcements go in a little further so it can support itself, that way you won't have to tear up you interior, have grippy seats, not have to worry about leather bending or major cracking and such, and it will run you way cheaper than a full reupholster.

·
Registered
387 Posts
one sales represantative once told me 2 weeks ago that the IS might come with full leather as an option. Don't know whether its a bs or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
yamaot
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing