Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dealer (not a Lexus dealer) near me specializes in off-lease and low-mileage imports, and offers pre-owned leases.

They currently have a 2002 IS with only 9,000 miles (clean title, no accident history) priced at $26,600.

I've been drooling over the IS but will soon be getting married and simply can't afford to buy or lease new at the moment.

Forecasting a "best case scenario" lease on a new car is easy enough, but I have no idea how to know what I should pay to lease this pre-owned IS.

Can anyone offer pointers?

Thanks in advance for your help; I hope to "officially" join the neighborhood soon!
Zack

·
8,880 Posts
Check promotional 2003 financing for brand new IS300 on lexus.com?. :-? 8)
Last I looked they had 2.9% for my area (Edmunds.com)

Maybe there is something for leasing too.

Hope it helps in some way.

BTW, if you want to save money and have fun, get a manual. 8)

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
leasing relies on three factors...

Selling price
value of car at end of lease
interest rate...

with those three pieces of info, you can calculate your monthly payments if you decide to lease...

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Problem with leasing a used car is that the interest rate is generally higher than the rate you would pay for a new car. While you might save $3000 off of the 'sales price', you're going to probably lose about $1000 or so in the form of a higher rate. Be careful. Leases can be tricky!

·
Registered
487 Posts

go to a lexus dealer and get one.... i though i couldnt affored one with college and all the other bills but they will work with u.... :chill:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
if you could even lease a used one (im not sure) the price is going to be significantly higher than leasing a new one just because of the fact that it is already a older model and has already lost value due to mileage. I had a similar problem leasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The older model Laredo lease (base model) would have cost me more than the lease on a new Limited model just based on depreciation. Also there are specials now that you might want to take a look at and you could end up walking away with a leased new IS for less than you would expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts