Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased the is350 and the only point i see in getting the clear bra is to keep the bugs off and keep the front end clean so im wondering is it even worth getting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
I leased the is350 and the only point i see in getting the clear bra is to keep the bugs off and keep the front end clean so im wondering is it even worth getting?

I would ask the dealer, I know leased cars have certain rules/regulations?

I am not sure
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
My02GrApHiTeIS300 said:
I leased the is350 and the only point i see in getting the clear bra is to keep the bugs off and keep the front end clean so im wondering is it even worth getting?
Well that is the whole point of the front end clear bra. So if you don't care about the front end of your car being messed up by various things on the road... then don't put it on. But I'm pretty sure if you spend so much money on an IS350... you'll probably want to keep it looking nice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
lextasy623 said:
I would not do it unless you plan on buying the car, otherwise its kind of a waste imo.
Why is it a waste? Do you enjoy having stone chips on the front of your car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,339 Posts
Are dealers that anal about the condition of the leased car when it's returned? Chips are inevitable. iIf normal every day wear and tear is accounted for when the car is returned, save your money. Else go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
I'd do it. A full clear bra install (bumper wrap, 6 inches up the hood, front fenders, headlights, mirrors) is ~$600 depending on where you get it done. I'd imagine on a 2-4 year lease you'll get at least that much out of it in terms of rock-chip protection and of course it will make turning the car in that much easier. I hate rock chips, the last car I bought was used and the previous owner didn't have a clear bra, so I spent hundreds of hours touching-up/sanding/polishing just to get the bumper/hood looking near-new. I'd have definitely paid $600 not to have had to do that. :)

Heck, if you want to be really frugal peel it off before you turn it in and if you happen to get another IS you can re-use is. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
it's worth it, esp on a nice is350... you want to keep that front end flawless... and this one time investment will keep you happy for your leasing period.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,297 Posts
pay-me-now said:
it's worth it, esp on a nice is350... you want to keep that front end flawless... and this one time investment will keep you happy for your leasing period.
buying a car is never an investment.

it is worth it though to get a clear bra, brah.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
600-700 bucks for something you don't own is what we call a waste of money. if you owned it...i'd be all for it. I'd check with the dealer before dropping the final $$$ on it, just to make sure everything is OK. i understand about keeping car rock chip free and looking its greatest but if your leasing its not worth it. you'll get another is 36 months anyway. rock chip free. last time i checked it wasn't easy to feel that off....might leave a residue on the hood and front bumper should you try to remove it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Crester said:
Why is it a waste? Do you enjoy having stone chips on the front of your car?
No, but thats like saying when you rent a car, you go home and wash it and wax it.Why the hell would you do that? :confused: He actually does not own the car, he is just borrowing it for a few years and unless you drive like an idiot tailgaiting big trucks and stuff then you arent gonna have tons or rock chips, besides a lease is usuall only allowed like 12k miles a year right? You are not gonna have tons of rock chips if thats all your gonna drive anyways. I say its a waste of money unless you know you wanna buy it in the long run.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,116 Posts
Thing is... when you rent a car... it's usually for a day or two. Even though you don't own a leased car... you are still in possession of it for quite a long time... and you're responsible for "caring for it". I'd be sure to take care of it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,190 Posts
Don't you have the option to sell a leased car to a buyer, for possibly MORE than the payoff? That's what I did on a formerly leased car, made about 1500 more than the buyout. If you don't wanna mess with selling the car and just want to drop it off at Lexus, maybe skip the bra, but if you want the option to make some cash on the deal, I'd say it's not a bad idea to consider putting one on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,297 Posts
b00st said:
600-700 bucks for something you don't own is what we call a waste of money. if you owned it...i'd be all for it. I'd check with the dealer before dropping the final $$$ on it, just to make sure everything is OK. i understand about keeping car rock chip free and looking its greatest but if your leasing its not worth it. you'll get another is 36 months anyway. rock chip free. last time i checked it wasn't easy to feel that off....might leave a residue on the hood and front bumper should you try to remove it.
when you leased the car and they expect you to take care of it, expect to pay a huge sum of money to have it fixed when they want you to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top