Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that like myself most people are totally against leasing. I am a very logical person and thus I did a total comparison on both the other day.

Buying: good for those who know they will keep the car for over three years, no milage restrictions, but car in most cases still belongs to the bank until paid off, most people dont get back the money they put in anyways if they trade or sell in three years. Hefty monthly payment, depreciation

Leasing: mileage restrictions, but pay less monthly for a nicer car, no worries about depreciation, most people dont keep a car for five years because new cars do come out, car payments go to dealer financing instead of bank, after three years you can just give it back versus going thru the trouble of selling a nice expensive used car and the other buyer cant get it financed anyways...

Conclusion: Either way you will pay a monthly payment for those who dont buy cash, so why not pay less, if you like cars and will not keep more then three years, I just want some opinoins on why buying would be better in this senario?

·
Registered
76 Posts
because its a never ending payment for a car. if u lease forever, ull never end paying for it. id rather pay for 5 yrs and be done with it.

know i got a few yrs of no payment/repairs for it and i can do as i wish to the car.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My car is a lease, and i plan on buying it out when the lease is either over, or before that if i ever get boost since i will have no warranty. Besides that, my car is a lease, and the reason i did that was not because i can trade in mine and get a new one, but because i will end up saving appx $3000 after all since with a lease there is no interest. When i was at the dealer making all the calculations, the total for a 5 year finance was going to total $29,000 with decent credit, (not perfect, not awful). With the lease the total including the buy out payment will total appx. $26000.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
if u lease....u never really get done paying the car....and lets say u want to buy it out at the end of your lease agreement...your monthly will most likely go up...and usual lease terms are for 3 years...so why would u wanna start actually paying off you car after you
have had it for a couple years already

did i make sense?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I chose to lease my IS300, mainly because it is cheaper. I did not have to put any money down, just walked in signed a paper and drove off with the car. I plan on purchasing the car once the lease is up anyways. As for mileage restrictions, I have none. So with the money I saved I can buy more mods for the car. I'd lease if you have the good credit.
just my cents

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
If you intend to lease, just remember that all price negotiation must be agree upon (espcially the residual value of the car) before the signing of the lease agreement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts