Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did you / would you put down on a Lease? I have to admit that the IS300 has “mad” appeal - even to the most jaded hard-core domestics like myself. I like the overall packaging of this vehicle. The looks, refinement, name plating, and power are very nice. I do like the BMW 330i, but not for the price of $36,000-$41,000. The following is my goal:

2001 IS300
Solar Yellow
Power Moonroof
17 in. Polished Graphite Alloy Wheels
Limited Slip Differential
Carpeted Cargo Mat

How much would you put down on a lease of 48 months? I’m guessing between $2,000-$3,000. The monthly payments should be around $450, which is great. Any input on this would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would not put down much money if any on a lease. I have a 36 month lease with no money down my payment is 504.00 so taking it to a 4 year term with no money down should bring the payment to about 470 or 480, so I would not put much down if I were you.

Also, it is my personal opinion, I would not lease for more then 3 years. If you do then you are in the territory where you should consider buying versus leasing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
I would not put down much money if any on a lease. I have a 36 month lease with no money down my payment is 504.00 so taking it to a 4 year term with no money down should bring the payment to about 470 or 480, so I would not put much down if I were you.

Also, it is my personal opinion, I would not lease for more then 3 years. If you do then you are in the territory where you should consider buying versus leasing.

The purpose of putting money down on a lease is to lower your monthly payment. I personally wouldn't want to pay more than $399/mo. for a leased vehicle. I probably would've gotten a Boxster or Vette if I were willing to step up to a higher payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts