Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much did you / would you put down on a Lease? I have to admit that the IS300 has “mad” appeal - even to the most jaded hard-core domestics like myself. I like the overall packaging of this vehicle. The looks, refinement, name plating, and power are very nice. I do like the BMW 330i, but not for the price of $36,000-$41,000. The following is my goal:

2001 IS300
Solar Yellow
Power Moonroof
17 in. Polished Graphite Alloy Wheels
Limited Slip Differential
Carpeted Cargo Mat

How much would you put down on a lease of 48 months? I’m guessing between $2,000-$3,000. The monthly payments should be around $450, which is great. Any input on this would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would not put down much money if any on a lease. I have a 36 month lease with no money down my payment is 504.00 so taking it to a 4 year term with no money down should bring the payment to about 470 or 480, so I would not put much down if I were you.

Also, it is my personal opinion, I would not lease for more then 3 years. If you do then you are in the territory where you should consider buying versus leasing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
I would not put down much money if any on a lease. I have a 36 month lease with no money down my payment is 504.00 so taking it to a 4 year term with no money down should bring the payment to about 470 or 480, so I would not put much down if I were you.

Also, it is my personal opinion, I would not lease for more then 3 years. If you do then you are in the territory where you should consider buying versus leasing.

The purpose of putting money down on a lease is to lower your monthly payment. I personally wouldn't want to pay more than $399/mo. for a leased vehicle. I probably would've gotten a Boxster or Vette if I were willing to step up to a higher payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Tony Mack
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing