Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you have complained....i too HATE how HIDS are not standard....the only two things i care about that are on the luxury package is the HID and preforated leather... no way to get two of those alone....my dealer called me today n said he has a matador red coming in in ten days 350 base with 18s and thas it...iv been dyin to get this car and im wonderin if i shud jus go lease it or wait n get the 350 with luxury jus to have hids n pref leather? OR maybe get the premium package which STILL doesnt ocme wiht hids...I BET everyone wud buy premium package if it had HIDS for even a total of 2000. that sucks....i finally made up my mind from many of u commentin that i really dun need nav i dont evne use it on the acura so why pay so much extra jus for a look when the car is hot as hell anyways.....so what u all think buy the one coming in or get the lux package for HIDs n pref leather??

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sure the HIDs are cool, but big deal, it's just a stinkin' light. I drove around for years with normal halogen lamps and never had any problems, just like I've driven in snow with rwd drive cars all my life and everyone wonders how I manage. Get the base 350, save your cash, and enjoy being one of the first.

Like someone's signature on here says, "Buy the car, not the lights".

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I would say the difference in cost between the two levels of cars is not that much to you... then buy the one you WANT. Otherwise... you're going to spend the rest of eternity asking yourself "Why didn't I get that extra package?!?!?!"

But then again... you could just buy aftermarket HID's. And is perforated leather that big of a deal? Especially since you don't have headted/ventilated seats?

·
Registered
486 Posts
You shore you don't want the IS350 performance package vs the lux. I test drove them both and it seemed the sport package seemed a little more exilerating to drive. It felt a little more grounded. The perfomance package is a little cheaper than the lux. Im going with the performance package myself. Im going to order my car the second week of Nov.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts