Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leak on the drivers side of the trunk I have seen one youtube vid where one guy had w the same exact issue (never updated on the fix馃槄)

Is this a common issue if so anyone that has advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated 馃檹馃徏

Currently have 1000 watt amp for lows, 600 watt for highs, battery, & 2 kickers going back there. Been trying to figure this out before installing been a few months now

Please help

Registered
It might be a sunroof drain issue, I don't have one since my car is a slick top so I'm just spitballing....but I'd search on here for that.

Registered
Leak on the drivers side of the trunk I have seen one youtube vid where one guy had w the same exact issue (never updated on the fix馃槄)

Is this a common issue if so anyone that has advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated 馃檹馃徏

Currently have 1000 watt amp for lows, 600 watt for highs, battery, & 2 kickers going back there. Been trying to figure this out before installing been a few months now

Please help
Interestingly enough I had a similar problem, it was the drivers side rear quarter panel area, to which I guess could be from faulty sunroof runoff

I solved it by drilling a small 1/8" hole at the bottom of the pool of water, and plugged it up with epoxy. Not the best solution, but a water-free solution

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interestingly enough I had a similar problem, it was the drivers side rear quarter panel area, to which I guess could be from faulty sunroof runoff

I solved it by drilling a small 1/8" hole at the bottom of the pool of water, and plugged it up with epoxy. Not the best solution, but a water-free solution
I still can't find the direct area I know that I put some fishtank silicone on the rear window it slowed down

When you drilled the hole was it more so near the rear windshield underneath it? where you described by the quarter panel seems the same exact area

Registered
Sunroof drain is most common. If your car has a spoiler I have heard of a leak through the bolts that hold the spoiler. Also rear windshield seal could be an issue. I have the same problem and have not taken my car apart to fix it since its not a "HUGE" issue ( really it is :( )

Registered
2004 is300
Had leak but on the A pillar driver side when I first got the car it was the clogged drain holes for the sunroof all I did was blow compressed air From where they drain at on the bottom, haven鈥檛 had a issues since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts