Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a American Le Mans Las Vegas race on Speedvision. Why do they have 3 classes (P Class, GT class and GTS class) of cars in the same race? The P drivers were bullying the GT drivers and making them move out of the way. P had real sports cars and the GT class was mostly modified 996s and M3s. I went to the website http://www.americanlemans.com/pages/00races/11vegas/entries.html
and it tells what car fits in, but doesn't say why they are split up like that.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I think P is prototype and my guess is that GT has a horsepower ceiling.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by Chiphead:
I was watching a American Le Mans Las Vegas race on Speedvision. Why do they have 3 classes (P Class, GT class and GTS class) of cars in the same race? The P drivers were bullying the GT drivers and making them move out of the way. P had real sports cars and the GT class was mostly modified 996s and M3s. I went to the website http://www.americanlemans.com/pages/00races/11vegas/entries.html
and it tells what car fits in, but doesn't say why they are split up like that.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 01, 2000).]

most of the divisions are based on engine displacement and whether or not they have forced induction (turbos or sc's) - the greatest things about the US Lemans series is that all different types of cars race at the same time on the same track - you get to appreciate the differences in the cars, handling, straights, etc... when else are you going to see a Panoz, Viper and 911T go through a corner three wide??? =P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
fishtail
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing