Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Umm...I'm not big on the neon lights...too ricey for my Chuyee. But, if you like it, then thats all that matters.
To answer your question, I don't think that its legal to have them. Back in the days.....a few of my boys had that for the fun of it and got pulled over and got cited for having them on there....and this was in good o' Fresno too. the cop said that it wasn't part of the lighting code or some sort. You can have it, just becareful.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
You can have it but it cant be on when you are driving. It can only be on when you are parked. And I agree please dont put neon on your IS. Or any car for that matter. It just looks cheezy.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
To each his own I guess...(but shame on you for even considering!)

Illegal to be on while driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any one know the laws on underglow/neon lights for california???
ya im pretty sure its illegal here in georgia as we'll even though i see a few cars driving around with them. i wouldnt recommend it on an is but if like it go for it:)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It's illegal to have them on while you are driving. I knew someone who got pulled over for it and the cop said it was "a distraction to other drivers, therefore, a safety hazard."

IMO, those lights look cheezy and ruin the look of your ride. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
WOW.... 1993 called, they want their neon back. Seriously, this was cool to have in the early '90s. I had it on my '90 accord coupe, back in '93. I knew I was ahead of my time, but this is ridiculous. I had 16" wheels before anybody else. See where I am going with this? Don't do it, seriously...

As for the legality of it, I got a ticket for it. The officer explained that I could have it on the sides, but not the front and back. On the sides it could be considered as a running board light. It took him 30 minutes to find a violation for me, so who knows how true this is today. He said he had never seen anything like that before in his life. He knew something had to be illegal...

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
ill pull you over with my highbeams and have my passenger scream for me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Any one know the laws on underglow/neon lights for california???
I'm pretty sure it's illegal. And if it's not it should be because this isn't the Fast and the Furious.
As for the legality of it, I got a ticket for it. The officer explained that I could have it on the sides, but not the front and back. On the sides it could be considered as a running board light. It took him 30 minutes to find a violation for me, so who knows how true this is today. He said he had never seen anything like that before in his life. He knew something had to be illegal...
Yeah I think my friend had the same thing....I remember he had to take off his front and back neons but he kept the sides.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would pull you over myself!!! lol
Not legal to have them on while driving, the same goes with lighted valve caps that makes a big lighted circle around your tires. But i still have them on my bike cuz it look super cool and ppl can see me better. Never gotten pulled over for them, but then again, cops don't really fuk with bikers =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts