Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang;

Doing my last mod of the year this afternoon- L-Tuned rims and S-03 Pole Positions....YaaaaaHoooooooooooooooooo :p Next year is some suspension and brake work....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Gold_IS300 said:
Hey gang;

Doing my last mod of the year this afternoon- L-Tuned rims and S-03 Pole Positions....YaaaaaHoooooooooooooooooo :p Next year is some suspension and brake work....
sweet man, good choice....i'm guessing they were Aldo's?!

look forward to seeing them on your beautiful car!!!!

what size tires u going with on the rear is my question with those rims.....enough to hold all your power??

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Wino_II said:
tsopranoMB said:
sweet man, good choice....i'm guessing they were Aldo's?!
nope not Aldo's! I tried to get my hand on his ltuned rims awhile back but he sold them to PFS for like 5-7 hundred bucks :eek:

he got these from steve at carson toyota.
wow..damn.....i see....yeah, i got my set from steve as well during the GB back in february! and I paid $1699 shipped at that time... :wink:

still curious what size the rear rims/tire combo u went with Don....

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Wino_II said:
tsopranoMB said:
still curious what size the rear rims/tire combo u went with Don....
me too! 245 rears??

marc, what do you have on yours? 225s?
yeah..the rims are 18 7.5 and have Toyo T1-S 225/40/18's all the way around..

not sure whats the largest that can go on this size rim...

curious to hear back from you Don!!!

I was planning on sticking with these rims when I decide to go forward with my turbo plans, and get the larger 18 9.5 rims for the rear with big rubber on them....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the moment I have 225/40ZR/18's all around. That could change if they don't fit my driving style.. :-?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Gold_IS300 said:
At the moment I have 225/40ZR/18's all around. That could change if they don't fit my driving style.. :-?
been told and read that size rubber isnt good for the rear...and ur turbo, so u def want bigger in the rear....supposedly ur putting down some heft rwhp? :wink:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tsopranoMB said:
Gold_IS300 said:
been told and read that size rubber isnt good for the rear...and ur turbo, so u def want bigger in the rear....supposedly ur putting down some heft rwhp? :wink:
I think I'm running a couple of HP over stock... :wink: Yep, the 225's may be a little small for the rear, but we shall see. I may have to buy a couple of 18x9 SS7's to keep things planted.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Gold_IS300 said:
tsopranoMB said:
Gold_IS300 said:
I think I'm running a couple of HP over stock... :wink: Yep, the 225's may be a little small for the rear, but we shall see. I may have to buy a couple of 18x9 SS7's to keep things planted.
ahhhh...hey, be sure to show us how the rims look on your gold color...never saw the ltuned rims on that color before....

yes, my future plans have me getting those larger ones for certain...i luv the rims... 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tsopranoMB said:
Gold_IS300 said:
tsopranoMB said:
Gold_IS300 said:
ahhhh...hey, be sure to show us how the rims look on your gold color...never saw the ltuned rims on that color before....

yes, my future plans have me getting those larger ones for certain...i luv the rims... 8)
For pics, go to http://photos.yahoo.com/gold_is300

I with you on loving that rim :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lex7 said:
Congrats man looks good. I think you should look for a Ltuned kit now. that would be a first with a gold and Ltuned. What you think man lol?

Justin
There is always that possibility, if the kit from Carson is as good as I think it will be.. :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Your car's looking good Don. Maybe I will have something for you next year. :wink:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big V said:
Your car's looking good Don. Maybe I will have something for you next year. :wink:
Damn Vince, I thought you had gotten kidnapped by gypsies or something :roll: Glad to see you're still alive and kickin'

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.