Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a few people run 18x8.5's with around a 45 offset and 235's..SO who is running wider then that and what is your set-up..

tire type and profile-
tire width-
wheel width-
fenders- Stock or modded?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
reading is fundamental.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotta be somebody out their that has tried 18x9 with 245's :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I honestly don't think a 245 would last very long with stock fenders. I run 18X8.5 +45 with 235 tires and it is tight as hell. I can't even keep tire wet on my fronts because every time I cut the wheel and back up it gets rubbed off.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JoeyD said:
I honestly don't think a 245 would last very long with stock fenders. I run 18X8.5 +45 with 235 tires and it is tight as hell. I can't even keep tire wet on my fronts because every time I cut the wheel and back up it gets rubbed off.
thank you, thats what I was looking for...now does anyone out there have modded front fenders?

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
With stock fenders the widest possible would be a 8.5" wide. I am running 18x8.5" +50 with 245/40 and I am about 2mm away from the upper A arm.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
how about 18x8 +47 offset with 235/40/18?? is that safe?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that some of the ADC cars run 18x9's all around. But they stretch the tires and also have shift sport fenders. You could ask on the ADC site about the sizes... if you know Japanese...

Of course if you're running something that aggresive, don't expect the ride to be very comfortable.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have 255/35/18 18x9 45 offset

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Old school member here, need some quick help. I'm buying new tires and I need to know if I can run 235/40/18 on my 18-8.5s +45 all around (235's up front...ehhh). I know there have been plenty of people who have my wheels, does someone know if they have run 235s all around with no problems? I'm kinda low and I'm assuming it's gonna be an issue, but there is such a gap with the 225s. Help? Thoughts?

Tire suggestions might be nice too, I was thinking Yoko es100's...

BTW I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO HAVE THESE WHEELS! And still the only one who has the hyperblack versions :p

Pics for reference-

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Chase.... welcome back.. you whore.

anyways. I think you can run the 235's in the rear, no problemo. The front would probably rub with 235's with your wheel width.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Chaos said:
Old school member here, need some quick help. I'm buying new tires and I need to know if I can run 235/40/18 on my 18-8.5s +45 all around (235's up front...ehhh). I know there have been plenty of people who have my wheels, does someone know if they have run 235s all around with no problems? I'm kinda low and I'm assuming it's gonna be an issue, but there is such a gap with the 225s. Help? Thoughts?

Tire suggestions might be nice too, I was thinking Yoko es100's...

BTW I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO HAVE THESE WHEELS! And still the only one who has the hyperblack versions :p
you would be very close if you run 235's all around. im currently running 235/40/18s on my RH C2's 18x8 +42 offset and the front ruuuuuuubs. i had to roll my fenders all the way and it also rubs on the liner when i reverse and cut the wheel all the way. i tried molding the front fenders, but i still rub a little. you will be very very close, but im pretty sure you will slightly rub. it will be drivable though.

tire recommendations?
...there are plenty of great tires

top 4 imo
goodyear f1's
michelin pilot sport
falken azenis
edit: bridgestone so3 p.p.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
WHUDDUP TIM!!!

Damn. I don't want 'driveable,' I already had to raise my car twice cause I was rubbing my 225s at a lower height when I took turns sharply. I wanna DRIVE it not just piddle around town... I would really like to run 235s all around but I guess it's just NOT gonna happen :( not without some serious rubbing.... But 225s on 8.5s feel weird sometimes, like the tire is folding over, it's hard to describe. PLus 235s would work AND look better :( ...I dunno I may raise it again, install my lip and sideskirts that have been sitting around for over a year now.... I need some money...grrr.

kraze is a post whore.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Chaos said:
WHUDDUP TIM!!!

Damn. I don't want 'driveable,' I already had to raise my car twice cause I was rubbing my 225s at a lower height when I took turns sharply. I wanna DRIVE it not just piddle around town... I would really like to run 235s all around but I guess it's just NOT gonna happen :( not without some serious rubbing.... But 225s on 8.5s feel weird sometimes, like the tire is folding over, it's hard to describe. PLus 235s would work AND look better :( ...I dunno I may raise it again, install my lip and sideskirts that have been sitting around for over a year now.... I need some money...grrr.

kraze is a post whore.

actually, i'm an extremist. :lol:

I think you should just give me your front lip and skirts. hah

hey, check out the West Forums, there is a meet this coming Saturday!

... oh yah, and to keep this on track. stick with 225's

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
so what about 18x8 +47 offset with 235/40/18 up front? any rubbing on L-Tuned drop? thanks

1 - 20 of 97 Posts