Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi,

I think you must have a knowledge of Lane Positioning. As much I know I am sharing with you.

Lane Positioning

1. Ride on the right
* Ride in the same direction as traffic; stay far enough away from curb to avoid hazards
* Ride in the right third of the right-most lane that goes in the direction you are going
* Take the entire lane if traveling the same speed as traffic or in a narrow lane
2. Visibility
* Always ride in or near a travel lane; stay visible by riding where drivers are looking
* Wear bright clothing at night as well as during the day
* Do not pass on the right; motorists are not looking for other vehicles there
3. Parked cars
* Ride in a straight line, not in and out of parked cars on the side of the road
* Beware of cars merging into the roadway from a parallel parking position
* Always ride far enough away from parked cars to avoid hitting a surprise open door
4. Take the lane
* If there is insufficient road width for cyclists and cars
* If traveling the same speed as other traffic or if hazards narrow the usable width
* Before intersections and turns to assert your position on the roadway
5. Extra wide lanes
* Do not ride completely to the right; you will be more visible 3-4 feet away from traffic
* Right turning cars and cars entering will be more likely to see you before they turn
* Be careful of motorists passing on the right around left-turning vehicles.

I am always searching more and more about driving and also problems in driving. I found California Traffic School Court are best option to know more about Driving and Traffic Schools.

Regards
Alix
:)

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
This has to be spam, PM if it is not.

Regardless, it is good info in you are into cycling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.