Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
from what i researched the evo will be available in a 5 speed auto and 5 speed manual, no 6 speeds, car and driver said it won't have AYC or ACD (active center differential), but it's got a lot of other goodies

AYC - enables a difference of torque to go to each rear wheel
ACD - distributes torque to the front and rear of the car

at least that's what i can make of it

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Inochi3 said:
from what i researched the evo will be available in a 5 speed auto and 5 speed manual, no 6 speeds, car and driver said it won't have AYC or ACD (active center differential), but it's got a lot of other goodies

AYC - enables a difference of torque to go to each rear wheel
ACD - distributes torque to the front and rear of the car

at least that's what i can make of it
So i'm guessing both AYC and ACD acts more like LSD, yes?
Then, with the dissapeareance of both AYC and ACD, USDM EVO is not LSD equipped? If it is, bummer.....

·
8,107 Posts
The ACD will not be in the US model - it's basically a LSD that distributes power front and back. I don't know what the US model will use though. The Active Yaw Control is like a computer which makes the car handle differently as it's going through a corner - reduces understeer on entry, and allows oversteer on exit. Who knows what the US model will drive like without it. C&D says both these things may be added in later years.
No 6 speed and no twin-scroll turbo either. Basically we get an AWD turbo like the WRX (not STi). If Mitsu was cool, they'd have an option for a real EVO VIII, for like $32k or something, but they are not cool.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts