Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just heard that Mitsubishi is getting out of W2C Rally racing for next year...

does this mean the EVO will not appear on our shores?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
hey guy, welcome to February....

They cut the program for the 2003 racing season b/c they think to be competative, they must rebuild from the ground up... Although it sucks for racing, all teams thinkit will be a positive development. I do not think this will hamper the EVO, but w/ the economy suckign, i would not doubt that the EVO will get benched for yet another year and the states will have to rely on the WRX for kicks.

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I believe Mitsubishi is looking at using a hatchback for their next gen WRC car, namely the Colt. Rumors has it Subaru is even looking at a hatchback for their next gen WRC.

·
Registered
727 Posts
my fault, thanks man

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
We have a bunch here. :chill:

I actually considered it before purchasing my IS. But like the WRX, they look like a heavily riced up version of the regular Lancer and Impreza. The interior is full of plastic, says nothing at all. Performanc wise they rock, but it was not enough to compensate for everything else. To me buying that car is like buying a heavily modified Civic.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Speaking of Rally...did you guys see the new Peugeot? I just saw it last night on the Portuguese channel on my satellite. They got Marlboro sponsoring them now so no more of my favored blue & silver, but the red/white/silver looks sick! At first, from the angle it was shown, I mistook it for the Evo.

·
8,107 Posts
According to C&D and others, the Lancer comes in February (debuts Jan. 2 in LA), and will be minus the Active Yaw Control and DSC (which has 3 settings, tarmac, gravel & snow). It will however have the Brembo brakes and 17" rims. HP will be 275, torque about the same, both are a little less than Japan/Europe's EVO VIII. Price will be $27k to $29k.
Considering the full blown EVO VIII in Japan costs $24,000, we are getting the shaft. I wouldn't pay $28k for a neutered EVO, maybe $24k.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Official 03 Evo

the list from the confidential dealer website(word for word)...

Anti-theft engine immobilizer
Front intercooler
Air Conditioning
Keyless Entry
Tilt Steering wheel
6 speaker 140 watt Mitsubishi CD audio system
Brembo 4 wheel ventilated disc brakes
Sport ABS
HID Headlights w/auto off
Customized Recaro front sport seats
Momo leather wrapped steering wheel
17 " Enkei lightweight alloy wheels
235/45 ZR 17 Yokohama high grip tires
Visor vanity mirrors
Central arm rest with console box
3 point safety seatbelt
Power windows/locks/mirrors
Tachometer
Intermittent rear wiper and washer
Clear lense jewel tail lamps
Aluminum hood/ with heat vent
Front aluminum fenders
Side marker lamps
2.5 MPH front and rear bumpers

snatched the info from the lancer forum.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
that front end by the grill looks different than the blue evo, that pyramid thing looks kinda weird, and those f'in taillights, give me a break

·
Registered
105 Posts
we're skipping evo 7. so we're gettin down graded Evo 8. As ckolsen said no Active Yaw Control and DSC, besides that everything is packed tight. Twinscroll will be nice.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
ckolsen said:
According to C&D and others, the Lancer comes in February (debuts Jan. 2 in LA), and will be minus the Active Yaw Control and DSC (which has 3 settings, tarmac, gravel & snow). It will however have the Brembo brakes and 17" rims. HP will be 275, torque about the same, both are a little less than Japan/Europe's EVO VIII. Price will be $27k to $29k.
Considering the full blown EVO VIII in Japan costs $24,000, we are getting the shaft. I wouldn't pay $28k for a neutered EVO, maybe $24k.
Pardon my ignorance, but, what does the AYC and DSC exactly do?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
does anyone know if the evo will have 6sp or 5sp? cuz i kept hearing different answers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
There were three EVO VII at this past weekend's autoX event at Hollywood Park. A blue, a red, and a black. They don't look as radical as they do in pictures, but they sure are fast. A completely stock EVO VII got within one second of the my friend's time in a slightly modified M3 (spring, shock and 95 front a-arms), and won the class (since my friend hit a cone). The car is definitely fast, since my friend has been winning pretty much anytime he is being out there. The thing is, this is a completely stock EVO VII running on street tires, as oppose to the Khumos that other SM drivers are running. A completely stock EVO VII within 1 sec of a mod M3 on racing tires, and to think that this EVO owners are actually going to mod the hell out of the suspension? I don't think anyone will be able to touch this car next year in the SM class, unless another EVO or a STi comes along.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts