Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Stevens Creek Lexus and got my car serviced(10 k), I ate a pastry, drank a hot chocolate and took a water before they shuttled me off to work. I see the car all nice and clean and go inside to pay. As I go outside to check the oil level and tires a lady walks up and asks if this was my car. She had backed into it and dented the bumper and cracked the tail light.

I was wondering if there is some kind of all red tail light I can purchase instead of the stock style altezzas. Anyone know a good body shop to take it into in the San Jose area? The dealer recommended Autowest Collision Repairs.

To top it off I noticed that they did not rotate my tires like they said they would so I had to talk to a service advisor and arrange for a future rotation. Wish they had parked the car in an actual spot instead of leaving it out front.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Sorry to hear that your're had a bad day at your dealership, hopefully it can be resoleved - ASAP.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gray Rider said:
Sorry to hear that your're had a bad day at your dealership, hopefully it can be resoleved - ASAP.
Anyone know where I can get some cheap prices on OEM bumper and tail lights? I am thinking maybe I should just replace them myself and keep the extrea money since I have to take the $500 deductible hit already.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If someone backed in to your car, you shouldn't be reporting it to your insurance company, but to the person who hit you.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
trentin5 said:
If someone backed in to your car, you shouldn't be reporting it to your insurance company, but to the person who hit you.
yea you shouldnt have to pay a dime..if the lady will use the insurance to pay for it, go for it.....but actually, it should be the dealership that should pay for that and the lady shouldnt, since they put your car in an "illegal" parking space...i had a similiar situation that happened to me but it was a hit and run, car was parked in from of the storage/garage at a apartment complex for about 10 mins since there was no parking..when i came out, i had a dent in my bumper, filled out a police report and the police notifed me later saying they could not continue to investigate since i was parked improperly...if the insurance finds out that you were parked improperly from a police report or whatever source, you might lose the claim, so thats why i would try to get the dealership to pay for it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I didn't know that to say about them parking my car in that spot, some guys came out of the dealership and I tried to get them to deal with it since I hadn't even got in the car yet, but I did sign all the papers inside. The guy that came out said I would have to deal with the lady and helped me get her information, was he just trying to shift the blame?

Apparently I should have gone through her insurance company and not have called mine like I did following the dealerships advice. My company has put the blame on the lady and they said now the other company has to do their own investigation to see if they will cover my deductible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts