Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Palmdale,CA off of the 14 North or South..
Its a fun track, but the only problem is its about 4000ft above sea level. :( Carlsbad or Fontana are just as close in the S Cal and are great tracks.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fontana is still closed and they haven't decided when to open up again. I called and they told me most likely it'll be next year when they start up again.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
PhatIBP said:
Palmdale,CA off of the 14 North or South..
Its a fun track, but the only problem is its about 4000ft above sea level. :( Carlsbad or Fontana are just as close in the S Cal and are great tracks.
LACR is 2800 feet above sea level. Still high, but not that high.

The elevation causes a drop of .2 compression on N/A cars, thats why N/A cars are a bit slower up there... turbo cars however don't suffer that much.

·
Registered
497 Posts
hMm.. i donno cuz everyone at LACR does 2 seconds worse then their normal times becuz of the elevation on the track dips in and goes up. So unless u have an turbo is.. ur gonna look pretty dam slow =)

·
Registered
908 Posts
My times sucked when I went down to palmdalde. But they DO give you a formula/equation to figure out the real time. :wink:

Is the Carlsbad track open? Whats the website? Anyone been there?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superman IS 300 said:
My times sucked when I went down to palmdalde. But they DO give you a formula/equation to figure out the real time. :wink:

I was just there 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to try out a different track and run at night. Carlsbad is open on Saturday for test & tune from 12-4PM.

Here's the site

http://carlsbadrags.tripod.com/

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
DL said:
Superman IS 300 said:

I was just there 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to try out a different track and run at night. Carlsbad is open on Saturday for test & tune from 12-4PM.

Here's the site

http://carlsbadrags.tripod.com/
I was at Carlsbad also, I posted my times, etc.. what sucks is the track doesn't have that nice marquee that displays your time and track speed..
oh well, its close so until i can get a 1/4 mile track built in Chula Vista, its Carlsbad for now..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts