Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was down at george town @ around 5pm. my lady n i went to
j paul's for a few drinks. i parked my car in the underground parking garage around the corner. we were there for like 2 hours or so. today at work, i saw something was wrong with my front altezza grill. it was crooked, sort of like as if it was pushed in somehow. as i looked closer, i realized that some1 had tried to remove it. the front bumper around the grill was damaged, underside of the hood was damaged also. then i decided to check my trd spoiler and found out that the whole thing was loose, cracked on both sides. what ass would do this? i wish who ever did this........all shit comes to you by the gallon, wishing who ever did this stunt......your own IS would burnt in hell!!! cheap bastards.......cant even afford your own parts and driving an IS around stealing from others.........get a JOB, bitch

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey sorry to hear about that.... it sucks... anyway I am not familar with the place you are talking about, but did you check to see if the parking garage had camera's? I know most of the garages here in Philly have camera's, maybe you can get a glimse of the ass who did it.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
That blows dude people like that should be beaten until hospitalized. At least we can get some satisfaction knowing they didn't end up with a spoiler or grille for all their efforts.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
at around 11:15 on monday someone rear ended my car :(

sucks. luckily, the damage is minimal. most likely, they'll have to repaint the bumper. i'm just not happy about it.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I would check to see about the cameras too. You never know. Hope that guy gets his ass beat by a bat.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
yellowIS.. sorry to hear that.. invest in a decent 2-way pager alarm.. that way if someone is messing with the car, atleast you know.

Jay.. was it a hit and run? that would suck.. hopefully its just the bumper.. when I was rear-ended last year, the bumper had to be replaced , along with the steel reinforcement behind it, and the bumper had to be paitned SBM by the shop.

It cost about $800 in all... all paid for by the rear-ender's insurance.. but i hope you dont get stuck with that bill !

·
Registered
799 Posts
That really sux man. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Which parking garage was it? Please don't tell me it's the one off Wisconsin & M Street underneath the mall.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
wtf. that is soooo fucked up. Im the exact opposite when I see an IS. Always park near them and wait around for a lil while to see if the driver comes out. ill bet it wasnt an IS driver cuz if you can afford the car and the gas the grill shouldnt matter... and they dont even know how to take it off. it was probably some ricer hoping to put it on his POS Civic.

Anyway dude, g/l having that shit fixed.

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
amitkc said:
yellowIS.. sorry to hear that.. invest in a decent 2-way pager alarm.. that way if someone is messing with the car, atleast you know.

Jay.. was it a hit and run? that would suck.. hopefully its just the bumper.. when I was rear-ended last year, the bumper had to be replaced , along with the steel reinforcement behind it, and the bumper had to be paitned SBM by the shop.

It cost about $800 in all... all paid for by the rear-ender's insurance.. but i hope you dont get stuck with that bill !

actually, it's all good. it was only like a 15 mph accident. i went to geico yesterday, and they estimated $459.68. just simple paint damage on the rear bumper. his insurance is taking full care of it.

whatev... i'm just gonna get the bumper fixed. i just want everything done by the 22nd, because i leave for H20 in ocean city.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
thats not too shabby.. count on atleast 3 days in the shop AFTER they get your bumper though.....

bloody autoshops and their insane turn-around times...

BTW.. im still driving around on a scraped bumper .. some dumbass in DC scraped it last year while it was parked...and there is no way im paying 500 bucks for fixing a few scratches...

:pissed:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Sorry to hear man..... It sucks but now-a-days, you have to choose where you go and park your car...

Don't downtalk Civics, 1/2 of em can beat our NA cars...

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
Don't downtalk Civics, 1/2 of em can beat our NA cars...
Yeah show me a good looking civic with some panache and style and I'll give you a cookie.

Civics are pieces of shit. Theyre cheap to mod and theyre EYE SORES! I personally dont give a shit if it'll take me or not, theyre ugly econoboxes

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
Yeah show me a good looking civic with some panache and style and I'll give you a cookie.

Civics are pieces of shit. Theyre cheap to mod and theyre EYE SORES! I personally dont give a shit if it'll take me or not, theyre ugly econoboxes
Uh oh you just talked shit to a hard core civic lover. :lol:

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
YellowIS300 said:

-rep to you for being a stupid d-bag

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
YellowIS300 said:

off topic but I still miss my 95 EX. Cheap to mod is a bad thing? I don't like the body styles after 2000 tho. If it wasn't for the bastards that stole mine I would be having fun with boost.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
looks like the white one is gutted ( I see only one seat!) .

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I like civics and accords also. Its all in how you mod them. I had a accord all moded and I didn't think it was rice at all. No big as wing, lambo doors or euro lights. Just kept it clean. DOn't get me wrong though so glad to have a lex now.

Check ^ your links

1 - 20 of 55 Posts