Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the closest place near LA that i can go for a fun drive? the only place i know is mulholland...thanks in advance

places
sepulveda?
angeles crest?
more?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,938 Posts
freeways :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
fun drive meaning what? for fun/challenging, try beverly glen, laurel canyon, or benedict canyon. lots of twists and turns, only problem is the other people on the road that drive carefully. :lol:

-eric
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
No, not today. I really enjoyed those mounains when I was staying at Palm Desert. Saw some groups of bikes, but not really much car traffic.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Angeles crest has a lot of nice roads and the road is smooth compared to mohulland, and not too many cops.

The pasadena freeway at anytime is the most dangerous place to go fast on, no matter how good fo a driver you are. I would never go over 65 on that freeway no matter what time it is.. and Austin knows how I drive at the canyons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha dats rite we drive VERY careful and leave the trac on although i think i need it more than daniel does :lol:

anyways thanks irv_usc i checked out azusa today and it KICKS ASS!! the road conditions are nice and smooth, curves are easy to take and has lots of room for error imo. its also much easier to drive aggressive than mulholland. it reminded me alot of a track in grand tourismo :eek:

btw danielm are you gonna come out to the HOOTERS MEET? :p
 
G

·
danielm said:
Angeles crest has a lot of nice roads and the road is smooth compared to mohulland, and not too many cops.

The pasadena freeway at anytime is the most dangerous place to go fast on, no matter how good fo a driver you are. I would never go over 65 on that freeway no matter what time it is.. and Austin knows how I drive at the canyons.
i saw a brand new porsche boxster lose its back end, spin out, and crash into the center divider 2 years ago on the pasadena freeway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
mk said:
danielm said:
Angeles crest has a lot of nice roads and the road is smooth compared to mohulland, and not too many cops.

The pasadena freeway at anytime is the most dangerous place to go fast on, no matter how good fo a driver you are. I would never go over 65 on that freeway no matter what time it is.. and Austin knows how I drive at the canyons.
i saw a brand new porsche boxster lose its back end, spin out, and crash into the center divider 2 years ago on the pasadena freeway.
Yup, the turns are very tight, make you think you can take them faster then you really can.... plus the on ramps and off ramps are horrable.
 
G

·
danielm said:
mk said:
danielm said:
Angeles crest has a lot of nice roads and the road is smooth compared to mohulland, and not too many cops.

The pasadena freeway at anytime is the most dangerous place to go fast on, no matter how good fo a driver you are. I would never go over 65 on that freeway no matter what time it is.. and Austin knows how I drive at the canyons.
i saw a brand new porsche boxster lose its back end, spin out, and crash into the center divider 2 years ago on the pasadena freeway.
Yup, the turns are very tight, make you think you can take them faster then you really can.... plus the on ramps and off ramps are horrable.
oh hell fucking yeah! i hate the onramps more than the offramps because there's barely any room to merge into traffic. :bitching:
 

·
Threadlocker
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
haha dats rite we drive VERY careful and leave the trac on although i think i need it more than daniel does :lol:

anyways thanks irv_usc i checked out azusa today and it KICKS ASS!! the road conditions are nice and smooth, curves are easy to take and has lots of room for error imo. its also much easier to drive aggressive than mulholland. it reminded me alot of a track in grand tourismo :eek:

btw danielm are you gonna come out to the HOOTERS MEET? :p
glad you had fun.. :D you're right though, it is an easier drive than say angeles crest or mulholland...

about the pasadena freeway, it's not as hard if you don't try to adhere to the lane markers.. :crazy: but seriously, the problem is that the road is getting old and a lot of the bigger curves end up at the top of a hill.. kind of hard to take blind corners all the time if you're not used to the course..
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
Guys come on!!!!! :lol:

Okay... Azusa ( ROUTE 39) is in my back yard... I try to do that run at least once a week/month... Usually on a Saturday, but early in the morning... The roads are nice and empty... during the week too. You are basically fucked if you get stuck behind a slow driver or two...
I rate it as an easy/beginners road compared to Topanga & Mulholland....
Plus its right by me so I get there in 5 minutes or less.. :chill:
Plenty of turns, ups & downs and plenty of pullover areas... and a nice view of the Dam area....
I have been going up there for about a year now....

Ok the 110 Freeway South - Pasadena-- ... This is my route to work every morning since I moved here last July.... I can probably drive it with my eyes closed now... j/k :lol: I am on there 5:30 am M-F...
I can drive fast in every lane, and i know all the turns.... I have no problem taking most of it doing 80-90 mph.. I just take it a tad bit slower on the high walled blind turns and if I find myself in the right line approaching an on/off ramp....
I guess I am a professional for this road course.... I am sure as soon as I get my TRD or Hotchkis Sways, I am going to have to make a few adjusments on entering and exiting turns... I made minor adjutments after I installed my JIC Stb..
Keep in mind the 110 is mostly empty and fast moving early in the morning.. Its my adrenaline rush before I get to work... I usually get airborne right around Dodger Stadium Way exit.. There is a nice S-turn that ends going up hill/incline with a little kick/jump right before the straightaway, the left lane raises the car most...

Always wear your Seatbelt and Drive Safely!!!

See ya all Saturday @ the Pasadena Hooters Meet :p

Joe Z 8)
 

·
Nygmatic
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
hey maybe we can do azusa one of these days.

btw which azuza do you run? GMR or East fork? GMR just recently opened so i havent had a chance to run it, but East Fork is really fun.

about the cops, be careful because yes there can be cops because a lot of n00bs have found it and are crashing =T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i went northbound after getting off asuza and went straight. i think there was a lake to the right but was concentrating too much on the road 8)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top