Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My IS is my secondary car but I haven't drove it much since I got a Mazda CX-5. Ive had alot of major stuff done right before I ended up getting the other car in 2017. New Clutch, and work on my engine seals along with the timing bet. Runs great and no check engine lights but I barely drive it. I always wanted to get my lower ball joints replaced and I just watched a video that says thats a common issue for our car. So anybody have any recommendations for shops. I remember a guy on here said he did his himself but Id rather go to a dealer. And while I am at it Id want coil-overs or new shocks as mine are about done.
here's a pic. Yes Im still around.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did all that work myself on mine. It's definitely a good job to do to replace those old aged parts. Putting in coilovers though would require a shop that does custom work, otherwise anyone should be able to replace stock parts for stock if you're not up for it yourself. Car looks nice!
You know you right. I circled back around and watched the video I saw earlier about replacing the ball joints and it looks super easy. I saw the tools and now I got everything sitting in my amazon cart ready to buy. The car stays in my garage so Ill just do it all and take my time. Good reply from outside the area. Ill leave the stock shocks for now tho.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,041 Posts
You know you right. I circled back around and watched the video I saw earlier about replacing the ball joints and it looks super easy. I saw the tools and now I got everything sitting in my amazon cart ready to buy. The car stays in my garage so Ill just do it all and take my time. Good reply from outside the area. Ill leave the stock shocks for now tho.
If you can get the brake off, it really is super easy to do the ball joints too. If I can do it in my garage, anyone can. Just get a simple separator tool and be careful when it explodes apart. Swapping both sides just took a couple of minutes really once the brakes were off.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive exterior
Gas Kettlebell Auto part Household hardware Metal
Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts