Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some L-Tuned sway bars. They are purple in color. They measure approx 1 1/16" and 11/16" rear. Before putting them on i noticed my STOCK front bar is also 1 1/16". I thought the stock bar was smaller? Did i get a painted stock bar!!?? The rear is however larger than the stock one and also has 3 holes for adjustablility. I have an 01 is300, automatic. Before bothering to install them, should I invest in something else? Is the diameter the same but torsion greater?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Originally the L-Tuned sways are red. HKS are purple. Not sure about the HKS size though. Search for the mm size and see if they match.

Stock size is 27.4mm up front and 13.4 mm at the rear

Eibach/L-Tuned is 28mm front / 17mm out back

·
Registered
336 Posts
I forogt what the size was when i installed them, but they were obvisouly heavier and stronger(in terms of bending strength) than the stock ones. And mine are RED, hvn't really seen PURPLE L-Tuned Sways....maybe there are some....i am not sure...

P.S. It has 3 holes for 3 different settings on the rear

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Squareback said:
Originally the L-Tuned sways are red. HKS are purple. Not sure about the HKS size though. Search for the mm size and see if they match.

Stock size is 27.4mm up front and 13.4 mm at the rear

Eibach/L-Tuned is 28mm front / 17mm out back
Its very possible it is 0.6mm larger, which seems negligable. Unless the strength is greater, i doubt it is enough to notice? Looks like the rear is considerably bigger so it does look like i did get the l-tuned bars.
The part numbers are 00644-48800-ISF FRONT
AND 00644-48800-ISR REAR.

I'm curious of the bushings as well, they are red, seem to be some sort of poly type. Does lexus use poly bushing with l-tuned? The stock ones look rubber to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Largest Sways Made For The Car Are The Daizen Sways, Slightly Larger Than The Trd Yellows.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, guys thanks for the help, but I must say, i can't believe no one on the net ever realized the stock front bar is HOLLOW!! I just installed them and the stock front bar weighed 7lbs, the L-tuned 15 lbs. There is a difference in the handling, but not huge, id say 50% less body roll, but 50% left is still alot it seems to me, but of course the rest of the susp. is stock, so after the springs it may be a different story. (im going with h&r's. Might install them next weekend.
I suggest don't ever pay to have sway bars installed, it took me an hour to do the whole thing, I guess assuming you have the resources to do it.
All thats needed is a floor jack, 2 jack stands, a 3/8" ratchet, a 10mm, 12mm, and 14mm socket, and maybe an allen wrench if the end link spins on you.

Can anyone help though again, for the rear bar it is 3 hole adjustable. I set it to the middle, but can anyone tell which way stiffen's and which way softens the bar? towards the front of the car, or towards the back of the car. I still don't know how to give rep, i'll give rep for the help so far, much appreciated in your all efforts in helpin a brother out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts