Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry, I know this question has been asked several times before, but somehow I can't find the answer by searching....

Anyway, I am thinking of lowering my car about 1". So I will be using either eibach or ltuned springs.

I know if I use eibach springs, I should change the shocks as well, like bilstein shocks in order to keep close to the stock ride quality.

I am not sure do I remember it right or not, if I use L-tuned springs, I can stick with the stock shocks without decreasing the ride quality, correct?

If you somehow can find some old threads that discuss about this, please let me know the links.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
id like to know myself since im looking for the same amount of drop plus the stock quality ride...

i think the ltuned are alittle more than an inch drop...but im not sure

·
Registered
885 Posts
dude, they are the same damn springs
ltuned = eibach pro kit
and you wont need to change your shocks with either
its only a 1" drop

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i thought it was the lsportline that were the same as the eibachs... :crazy:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
nah, check the stickies at the top of this forum. if you search, i'm sure you can find a lot of other threads as well. in fact, i think there are at least 1 or 2 right now about the same thing...

l-tuned springs/sways= eibach springs/sways

happy shopping! :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thundercloud080903 said:
nah, check the stickies at the top of this forum. if you search, i'm sure you can find a lot of other threads as well. in fact, i think there are at least 1 or 2 right now about the same thing...

l-tuned springs/sways= eibach springs/sways

happy shopping! :D
So, should we replace the stock shocks also?

Because from what I heard, eibach springs should be with bilstein (or other aftermarket) shocks in order to keep the stock ride quailty. But L-Tuned springs can be stick with stock shocks without losing the ride quality.

But now, you said eibach springs=L-Tuned springs.... So, should I replace the shocks???

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
check out these 2 threads as well...they talk about the same thing:

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13371036

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13370399

you can still keep your stock shocks with the eibach prokit springs, if you'd like. it's up to you if you want to change them. i don't think you HAVE to change your shocks with the L-tuned/eibach springs. from what i've read and been told, you can keep your stock shocks with the eibachs, & you'll be perfectly fine with ride-quality. hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've had my l-tuned springs with stock shocks for about
3k miles now. No problems of any kind and the ride is
great. Just a little bit stiffer than stock but not harsh at all
or bouncy in any way. You'll be fine with your stock shocks
and l-tuned.

However i'm about to put on some Bilstiens just because I
enjoy driving a bit hard and want to stiffen up the ride a little.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the lsportlines were built to lsportlines specs.

And there is no difference in ride quality imo.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
wowcrazy said:
Hi,

Sorry, I know this question has been asked several times before, but somehow I can't find the answer by searching....

Anyway, I am thinking of lowering my car about 1". So I will be using either eibach or ltuned springs.

I know if I use eibach springs, I should change the shocks as well, like bilstein shocks in order to keep close to the stock ride quality.

I am not sure do I remember it right or not, if I use L-tuned springs, I can stick with the stock shocks without decreasing the ride quality, correct?

If you somehow can find some old threads that discuss about this, please let me know the links.

Thanks!
L-tuned and Eibach Pro Kit is the same thing, just different labels...Lsportline are also made by eibach but got different spring rates and drop...so eibach or ltuned you will need shocks...go for bilsteins they are the best for the 1.0 drop.

Matt :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.