Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I found a post with all of the specs for the L-Tuned performance packages (Series I and Series II). I can't seem to find it anymore, but I have the TRD L-Tuned sales brochure so I thought that I would post this info for all of the L-Tuned owners/enthusiasts/wanna-be's out there. Sticky potential?!?

I've added some extra info in parens. I was unsure about some of the comments so feel free to chime in where I have question marks or if you see something that doesn't look right. The basic info is from the actual L-Tuned sales brochure so that should be correct.

JDM background info: The L-Tuned body kit is more or less Toyota's JDM "Neo Customize" body kit for the Altezza. Someone chime in if that is incorrect, but this looks to be the case from the Altezza brochures that I have from Japan. I think that they eventually changed the front end for the more recent version of the Neo Customize kit but the sides and rear have remained unchanged. Here's a link to the Altezza on Toyota's Japan site: http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Altezza/index.html
Click on the link in the middle section of the far right column to see the options for the Altezza. Has the new Neo Customize front end.

L-Tuned 2002 IS300
(available for E-Shift and Manual Models)
(parts warranted by TRD for 12 months or for the remainder of the Lexus Limited Warranty when installed by a Lexus dealer.)

Series I (MSRP $3999)

- Full Front Fascia w/ Carbon Fiber Style Grille
(Integrated 55 watt fog lights)
(L-Tuned badge/emblem for Grille)
(US Spec version of JDM Neo Customize Front because of room for US spec 5 mph crash bar and US spec side-markers)
- Side skirts
(JDM Neo Customize side skirts)
- Rear Spoiler
- Rear Valance
(JDM Neo Customize Rear Valance)
- Sport Exhaust with polished stainless tip (HKS)
(60mm pipe diameter, 105mm tip diameter for ~8hp gain)
- L-Tuned exterior badging (3 total: right, left, rear)
- L-Tuned interior badge (glovebox)
- L-Tuned Floormats (L-Tuned marking on Front set, normal rear set)

Series II (Series I PLUS) (MSRP $7698)

- 18" Cast Aluminum Alloy Wheels with 225/40ZR 18 Michelin Pilot Sport Tires
(Series II only)
(Rays Versus Campionato SS7 wheels with Lexus center cap)
(available in Silver or Gunmetal Gray)
(18"x7.5" vs 17"x7" for stock)
(Weight: 23lbs each)
(+42 offset)
(Set of 4 with 17" Stock Spare)
- Progressive Rate Springs
(Series II only)
(Eibach Pro-Kit Springs with L-Tuned markings)
- Anti-Sway Bars
(Series II only)
(Eibach Pro-Kit Anti-Sway Bars with L-Tuned markings)
(28mm Front and 17mm Rear vs 27mm Front and 14mm Rear for stock)

that's it.
hope this helps some people out there. i hope to be l-tuned one day or at least a mix of carson-tuned and l-tuned. :p

chris

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tsopranoMB said:
good post!

that sums it up perfectly....

:chill:
i was actually waiting for your response to the post because i always see you correcting people about l-tuned info. :p if you approve of the post then i must be right! haha

do you have any info on the l-tuned exhaust? is it straight from US TRD or is it JDM or is it some other non-toyota brand?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
the l-tuned exhaust is made by HKS...

this thread still needs thedon's approval! I learned most from his wisdom and knowledge! :wink:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
the l-tuned exhaust is made by HKS...

this thread still needs thedon's approval! I learned most from his wisdom and knowledge! :wink:
Good post - I'll give it my seal...

****Bryan's Seal of Approval****

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
I got a hold of some internal Lexus info about the L-Tuned "packages". I just compared the 2 and your information is right on the money, cwhite124, and even expanded from the official L-Tuned info. The only minor difference I found is that there's an "L-Tuned" badge in the interior besides the 3 exterior ones you mentioned.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
i've also heard from the parts department people at my dealership is that apparently the L-Tuned package for the IS300 will be available on the 2005 model....I guess that remains to be seen...stay tuned! 8)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jruhi4 said:
I got a hold of some internal Lexus info about the L-Tuned "packages". I just compared the 2 and your information is right on the money, cwhite124, and even expanded from the official L-Tuned info. The only minor difference I found is that there's an "L-Tuned" badge in the interior besides the 3 exterior ones you mentioned.
thanks for all the info guys. interesting to hear about the possibility of reintroducing l-tuned for the 2005 model. that would be sweet. there seems to be enough demand. i kind of feel that lexus usa is slippin. i was checking out lexus.co.uk and they have some cool parts for the IS on their site whereas the USA lexus site has like a car cover and that's it. kind of lame.

i heard about the interior badge as well but wasn't sure because they don't list all of the badges on the brochure that i have. carson's l-tuned parts site has it listed as a set of 3. anyone else wanna chime in on this one? is it supposed to be one rear, one side, and one interior?

one question that i have is about a steering ecu. carson's l-tuned parts site has a recalibrated steering ecu listed. anyone know anything about this? obviously carson knows their shit so i'm assuming it's correct, but once again they didn't mention anything about it on the official l-tuned brochure. anyone? anyone? :p

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/html/partsordering.html#Series1

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tsopranoMB said:
i've also heard from the parts department people at my dealership is that apparently the L-Tuned package for the IS300 will be available on the 2005 model....I guess that remains to be seen...stay tuned! 8)
i've got the next couple of weeks off from work so maybe i'll go ask some questions down at my dealership. i'll definitely post if i can get some info.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
cwhite124 said:
one question that i have is about a steering ecu. carson's l-tuned parts site has a recalibrated steering ecu listed. anyone know anything about this? obviously carson knows their sh*t so i'm assuming it's correct, but once again they didn't mention anything about it on the official l-tuned brochure. anyone? anyone? :p

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/html/partsordering.html#Series1
Thats for the GS Ltuned model, not the IS.

good post. You re-affirmed the part about the Eibach relabeled springs, and the sways which I thought were Eibachs as well.

You've got my seal of approval. But wait for Ltunedgirl.

I stole this pic of my car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just to add to what the other Ltuners have said. You get a badge for the grille, left fenderwell, right fenderwell, the trunk and one little badge right above the glovebox.

About the Floor mats I got 4 new ones 2 Ltuned up front and 2 normal ones in the back. So when I got my car back I got back the complete factory stock ones.

////Justin's Approval\\\\

Justin

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the info guys. i've updated my original post to reflect your posts. i'm trying for sticky potential here. i see enough l-tuned questions on the site that i think it warrants one. anyone else agree?

does anyone have a pic of the interior badge? also, can you remove the badge/emblem from the grille? just curious.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
cwhite124 said:
thanks for the info guys. i've updated my original post to reflect your posts. i'm trying for sticky potential here. i see enough l-tuned questions on the site that i think it warrants one. anyone else agree?

does anyone have a pic of the interior badge? also, can you remove the badge/emblem from the grille? just curious.
Here's a pic of Mike from PLP's car...showing the interior badge.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes you can remove the badge its held on with a plate with wing nuts on the back of it. I'am sure Thedon has a pic of the badge if not I can snap a pic of mine tomorrow or something.

Any more questions feel free to ask man.

Justin

EDIT: just saw Bk9 added a pic of Mike's car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the grille info and interior pic guys! i can only think of one more question and that relates to the wheels. do you get an 18" spare or do they give you a stock 17" as the spare?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
cwhite124 said:
thanks for the grille info and interior pic guys! i can only think of one more question and that relates to the wheels. do you get an 18" spare or do they give you a stock 17" as the spare?
You get a 17" Alloy wheel spare. Although, I'm 99% sure you could fit one of the 18" Ltuned wheels.
Good thread guys. 8)

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
I just re-reviewed the "dealer info packet/brochure" that I have for the L-Tuned and, behind a bunch of pages of basic info & FAQs, I found these additional bits of info:

- The Sport Pipe has a 60mm pipe diameter and a 105mm tip diameter (vs 54mm/90mm for stock). This is good for an extra 8hp.

- The L-Tuned 18"wheels are 7.5"wide (vs 17 x 7 stock wheels). The L-Tuned wheels weigh 23 lbs. each, just like the stock wheels.

- The L-Tuned Progressive Rate Springs are 43 N/mm-61.25 N/mm(front) and 41 N/mm-56.35 N/mm(rear) (vs stock automatic trans. Linear Rate Springs 44 N/mm front & 38 N/mm rear). The L-Tuned springs lower the car approximately 1".

- The L-Tuned Anti-Sway Bars are 28mm front & 17mm rear (vs stock automatic trans. 27mm front/14mm rear).

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
jruhi4 said:
I just re-reviewed the "dealer info packet/brochure" that I have for the L-Tuned and, behind a bunch of pages of basic info & FAQs, I found these additional bits of info:

- The Sport Pipe has a 60mm pipe diameter and a 105mm tip diameter (vs 54mm/90mm for stock). This is good for an extra 8hp.

- The L-Tuned 18"wheels are 7.5"wide (vs 17 x 7 stock wheels). The L-Tuned wheels weigh 23 lbs. each, just like the stock wheels.

- The L-Tuned Progressive Rate Springs are 43 N/mm-61.25 N/mm(front) and 41 N/mm-56.35 N/mm(rear) (vs stock automatic trans. Linear Rate Springs 44 N/mm front & 38 N/mm rear). The L-Tuned springs lower the car approximately 1".

- The L-Tuned Anti-Sway Bars are 28mm front & 17mm rear (vs stock automatic trans. 27mm front/14mm rear).
wow - detailed post. In case you care, those wheels have a +42 offset.
Mine came with 225/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sports

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
on the real Ltuned stage II from port, there is also a sticker on the frame where the driver door closes (b-pillar kinda) that has the ltuned logo and the pressure required for the tires, not a mod but a way to tell if the car was bought ltuned or made ltuned

most people forget about the floormats so good to include them

you get my stamp :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
I bought my Ltuned through the Dealership. So When I bought my car it was completly stock. 2 weeks Later I received my car with all the Stage II equipment. I'am not sure with the other Ltuners that got them through the port installed, the dealer installed or installed later on. When I got my car back with the Stage II stuff I got my stock wheels, sways, front bumper with grille and foglights, springs, and exhaust. I probally forgot something else but they gave me all my stock stuff back, which I later sold.

The only thing that was given to me that was Ltuned was my Spolier. Reason being they weren't sure whether I wanted to take my 03 Lip Spoiler off and plug the holes and all that stuff, so they just gave it to me in a box which I plan on installing this spring.

Hope that helps some.

Justin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts