Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a message from Lexus corporate that the L-Tuned packages currently available for the IS300 and GS's are dead. The parts will be absorbed into the TRD products, but will no longer be available as a "L-Tuned Stage 1 kit", etc.

I guess they cost was just not worth it without the hp additions.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Wxman said:
I just read a message from Lexus corporate that the L-Tuned packages currently available for the IS300 and GS's are dead. The parts will be absorbed into the TRD products, but will no longer be available as a "L-Tuned Stage 1 kit", etc.

Try reading today's paper, because we already knew that months ago, if you read any of the L-Tuned post, everybody knows that already.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13318425&highlight=

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
thedon said:
Wxman said:

Try reading today's paper, because we already knew that months ago, if you read any of the L-Tuned post, everybody knows that already.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13318425&highlight=
Wow don, no need to be smart about it :shame:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruiner said:
Yea wxman, like, you know, everyone already like knew that.

Get your, like, head outta the clouds.

:p
lol, I rarely read posts on L-Tuned. Maybe I need to start reading them huh?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Too bad, so sad...How will I ever sleep tonight.

...Horse tranquilizers will get me through this tragedy! :crazy:

·
Registered
680 Posts
i guess people weren't into looks that performance? Why pay that much for a kit that's doesn't add any performance? I guess "getting more pussy" tuning is important for some.

·
Registered
378 Posts
T Man said:
Those kits were a rip off anyways..........
I agree. All that money and the car doesn't perform much better. A Toyota mechanic once told me that "L-Tuned" stood for "Loony-Tuned" and I'm tempted to believe him, unless they come out with a TRD/L-Tuned supercharger (or at least an intake). :-?

·
Registered
378 Posts
thedon said:

Total price of car and all mods so far $34,500
Hmm, assuming that your car sold for around $30,000, you spent $4,000-$4,500 to "L-Tune" it, which means that you probably saved $3,000-$3500 vs. buying a ready-made L-Tuned Series II. A good deal, if you like "L-Tuned" stuff; however, it's still quite a bit to spend without a major increase in performance. :roll:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
IS300TRD
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing