Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a message from Lexus corporate that the L-Tuned packages currently available for the IS300 and GS's are dead. The parts will be absorbed into the TRD products, but will no longer be available as a "L-Tuned Stage 1 kit", etc.

I guess they cost was just not worth it without the hp additions.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Wxman said:
I just read a message from Lexus corporate that the L-Tuned packages currently available for the IS300 and GS's are dead. The parts will be absorbed into the TRD products, but will no longer be available as a "L-Tuned Stage 1 kit", etc.

Try reading today's paper, because we already knew that months ago, if you read any of the L-Tuned post, everybody knows that already.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13318425&highlight=

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
thedon said:
Wxman said:

Try reading today's paper, because we already knew that months ago, if you read any of the L-Tuned post, everybody knows that already.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13318425&highlight=
Wow don, no need to be smart about it :shame:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruiner said:
Yea wxman, like, you know, everyone already like knew that.

Get your, like, head outta the clouds.

:p
lol, I rarely read posts on L-Tuned. Maybe I need to start reading them huh?

·
Registered
680 Posts
i guess people weren't into looks that performance? Why pay that much for a kit that's doesn't add any performance? I guess "getting more pussy" tuning is important for some.

·
Registered
378 Posts
T Man said:
Those kits were a rip off anyways..........
I agree. All that money and the car doesn't perform much better. A Toyota mechanic once told me that "L-Tuned" stood for "Loony-Tuned" and I'm tempted to believe him, unless they come out with a TRD/L-Tuned supercharger (or at least an intake). :-?

·
Registered
378 Posts
thedon said:

Total price of car and all mods so far $34,500
Hmm, assuming that your car sold for around $30,000, you spent $4,000-$4,500 to "L-Tune" it, which means that you probably saved $3,000-$3500 vs. buying a ready-made L-Tuned Series II. A good deal, if you like "L-Tuned" stuff; however, it's still quite a bit to spend without a major increase in performance. :roll:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts