Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the L-Tuned rims, especially in gunmetal. However, they are expensive at 2500-3000 with tires. Ive heard of other rims that look a lot like them. What rims are they and how much do they cost? Do they also come in gunmetal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I am soo sick of hearing that the IS is not a cheap car, dont buy cheap rims.
p.s. you bought the "cheapest" car in the class (vs Audi, MB, BMW, even a loaded Maxima is more than a IS). IMHO, the IS is the best overall in this class, and the least expensive. Ths IS is also the "cheapest" Lexus on the market.....

What are cheap rims anyway?? Cheap in price....or cheap in materials, design and construction.
If someone can explain the process each wheel manufacture uses and how Volks are far superior to say Konigs (example), than I will gladly stand corrected.

But if you are simply going to say that those rims are cheap, because they are inexpensive, then you are contradicking yourself.


Shop online for the rims YOU like and can afford, and buy them. YOU will be happy.

DR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have the 9.5" wide rims set up? How much wider are they to stock (7.5")? Is it a noticable look and feel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
BlackSunshineIS said:
But if you are simply going to say that those rims are cheap, because they are inexpensive, then you are contradicking yourself.
most cheap rims have poor quality... thats what i meant... :roll:
do i need to say more?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
does anyone have the 9.5" wide rims set up? How much wider are they to stock (7.5")? Is it a noticable look and feel?
i believe that u can have 9.5 in the back... as long as u have the rite offset.. or you mite need to roll ur fender or shave it...
but im sure other members can give you better advise...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
OYaBongxKp said:
BlackSunshineIS said:
most cheap rims have poor quality... thats what i meant... :roll:
do i need to say more?

Yes, please say more. Not trying to be a dick here, but can you elaborate on "poor quality". What do you know about how wheels are constructed, and what caused this quality to be poor??? Do you simply think they are poor quality, or is there some kind of knowledge/experience you have that causes you to believe this??

Dont get me wrong, I am sure some rims are better than others, but generally we are talking about a piece of aluminium here. This is not a complex piece of machinery with minute tolerances.

I would love to know what the difference in the wheels are besides the logos printed on them.
DR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
I really like the L-Tuned rims, especially in gunmetal. However, they are expensive at 2500-3000 with tires. Ive heard of other rims that look a lot like them. What rims are they and how much do they cost? Do they also come in gunmetal?
You can knock about 300 bucks off the price of the rims by just going with the Versus wheels without the L cap. My wheels alone were 1375 for 4. Thats not a bad price compared to alot of the wheels out there. And you can probably still get some good tire deals in the 180 dollar per tire range.
Anyway www.wheeloptions.com would be good, they send out wheel/tire combinations daily looks like when I was there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
rims

Most rims are the same, and I really don't know why everyone thinks they are the shit and that "cheap" doesnt go with lexus. My IS300 cost less than my friends accord, and my other friends s2000..A name is just a name...rims are basically all the same..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top