Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya, For some odd reason I wanna trade in my MSM IS300 (all mods included)

to get an L-Tuned IS300.

A part of me wants something a lil more unique and rare. What you guys think?

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
So ya, For some odd reason I wanna trade in my MSM IS300 (all mods included)

to get an L-Tuned IS300.

A part of me wants something a lil more unique and rare. What you guys think?
Looking at your sig, there aren't that many mods on your car. Go for it!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, Now to find one lol.

The only thing imma really miss if I decide to trade it in is the D3 Deck.

and a big part of me wants to get a 5spd. Drove a 5spd IS300 last week and Loved IT!!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
If you really want it... I guess you could do it. But keep in mind the L-Tuned is an IS300 with aftermarket parts bolted on. It's not like it's a car designed from the ground up like the IS-F.

You could very well buy a Carson bodykit, Eibach suspension parts, custom exhausts... and dare I say it... even the badges... and you'll be there. You were gonna by the suspension and body kit anyways... weren't you?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya I was.

but the biggest thing thats buggin me is the tranny. I recently fell in love with the 5spd IS300. Its such a different car.

Ill see how much I can get for my car and Ill shop around.

(Ya I said I was gonna do a GTE and Tranny swap this summer, but with some recent events, Thats looking kind of slim)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Direct control over your drivetrain is always a good thing. And thanks to siren05 :pissed:... I can really appreciate that!

But how much time do you spend driving in traffic, etc., where you may like the ability to be in auto mode?

I'm not trying to talk you out of anything... just trying to get you to think as much as possible.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of my driving is on the highway. I'm very rarely driving in downtown Toronto or in congested traffic areas.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You think you can get some special deal since you work with Toyota? Maybe get a traded in model?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, for sure.

Imma talk to the guys at northwest on monday when I go in for work.
or Erin Park on thursday.

Ive been checkin autotrader etc. They are bloody hard to find.

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Well if it's not going to cost you much of anything... then go for it.

I'm absolutely amazed sometimes at the deals you guys in the car biz can get. I knew one guy who got a perfectly good IS300... not high mileage or beat up... for like $10,000. I had to ask him twice to make sure I heard correctly!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha ya, If the price is right ill jump at it.

and some people do get crazy deals in the this business. =P

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
yeah you guys sure are lucky! Wish I could get hook ups...actually I could use one right about now for a SD grille ;)

If you get a good deal, go for it. It will save you the trouble of trying to "become" an L-Tuned lol

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha. yee + I would love to have a GGP or OB IS300. MSM is nice but I would prefer something darker.

Ill look into that grill for you. I think they sell for $190 b4 the discount.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
hahaha. yee + I would love to have a GGP or OB IS300. MSM is nice but I would prefer something darker.

haha those colors are nice, not really a big fan of silver, I'm all about the blue :cool:

Talk about stealership rapage for a grille lol. Let me know I'm really looking to get one, pm me. I have an altezza grille painted black with blue accents that has some rock chips, however would really want a SD one rather than repaint. Feeling a bit lazy you could say lol.

BTW saw the thread of what you were thinking of doing to the 01 grille. How'd it turn out? Should look nice.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It turned out amazing. I think it looks alot better than the SD one.

The 01 Emblem is so nice and I havnt noticed any chipping yet.

Ill try to take some pics tomorrow wit my shitty crack berry.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I just saw some pics in your thread. Looks good, I may consider painting mine one day.

I actually have some paint schemes running in my head for the SD grille haha. I like it better than the altezza one I got right now.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

So $190 + 20% discount?

Plus a discount if you get more than one order? lol :p

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha, ill see crester.

and wow, I found one L-Tuned on kijiji that was posted in Jan.

Other than that I cant even find one on autotrader.ca or even autotrader.com (New York, Far Rockaway Area)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... the L-Tuned can be really hard to find. Think about it... in some places manuals are really hard to find... and now you are trying to find an L-Tuned manual. So you're taking an already small segment... and then trying to find the few L-Tuned cars within that already small batch.

Good luck finding the needle in the haystack. ;)

I couldn't find any L-Tuned either... but I did see an interesting IS300 at your Lexus dealership. Thing costs over $32,000 tho... seems kinda pricey.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya, i saw that car in person.

fuckin ugly lol. Rims are ugh. The indash deck is shit. Single Din Fold out dvd.

and I really dont like the kit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts