Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Awesome!! looks like TRD will be releasing parts for IS this month (as stated in the article).

Drooling as I wait impatiently

[This message has been edited by laughingboy (edited November 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
OK - now we got some _REAL_ news on the TRD S/C:
"On our list of things to do is a supercharger," said Reed, though the supercharger is still 10 to 12 months away.

·
Registered
727 Posts
TEG did you bother moving the battery to the back? Wouldn't the SC disrupt the FR weight ratio?

[From TEG: No - I have sort of decided to put that project on hold for a while. I would need to get some heavy gauge (like #4 or #6) wire to run under the car from the trunk to the engine compartment. And yes, the S/C or a turbo kit will add further to the nose heavy nature of the car... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
WICKED! Now I know I can get parts for my car and still hold the warranty? I wanted to slam (drop) my car so badly but was afraid I couldn't because of voiding the warranty....... anyone have ANY idea how much lowering springs would cost and installation from TRD?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by Damon:
WICKED! Now I know I can get parts for my car and still hold the warranty? I wanted to slam (drop) my car so badly but was afraid I couldn't because of voiding the warranty....... anyone have ANY idea how much lowering springs would cost and installation from TRD?
IMHO:
No, sport springs, sport air intake, exhaust will not void the warranty. If the dealer said "Yes, sport springs, sport air intake, exhaust", then there is something wrong with them.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
All you modders take note: the above picture is how to modify your car. Damn well done. BTW, I have been quoted from $400 to $611 for the L-Tuned stainless exhaust muffler for the GS. Not too bad? Any thoughts? And does anybody know how this might sound compared to Borla?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Chiphead
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing