Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my L-Tuned exhaust used with about 5000 miles on it. Finally got around to installing it and wow!

The exhaust tip just clears the rear lip I have on it (L-Tuned), so no need to extend it.

The ride in drive gives you a noticeable rumble in low RPMs, and oddly enough, it quiets up after the car is moving. Once I'm moving and I give the gas something significant, the baby gives off this beautiful, unmuffled grrr. Slightly louder than the stock exhaust.

Overall, I am seriously impressed and very content with the quality of the ride. Exceptional! Of course this is all subjective, and if you're in the market for the L-Tuned exhaust, you won't be dissapointed.
I'm not about being loud, and this exhaust suits me.

Couple of things, when I received the exhaust, it was just the exhaust...I thought this was a catback? someone please clarify if I'm missing some piece?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did the listing have any pictures for you to look at? That will tell you if you are missing a piece or not.

·
Registered
745 Posts
It's an axle back

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, it's an axle back. After I installed mine I noticed a bit more torque off the line.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
There is B pipe(catback) that connects to your axle back (muffler), catback exhaust includes both the B pipe and the muffler, there's really no power to be gained with an aftermarket B pipe.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
happysmp said:
Ah! what's an axle back vs the cat back vs the stock (whatever that was)
help out a noob
An "Axle-back" exhaust is basically an exhaust that connects to the stock B-pipe near the rear axle area and goes towards the back. A "Cat-Back" is basically an exhaust system that includes an aftermarket "B" pipe or resonator piping that connects starting at the Catalytic Converter...and heads out towards the back. :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you,

so the real question is...does the L-Tuned exhaust come with the B-Pipe? Or was it intended to be used with the stock B-Pipe?

What's the difference between the aftermarket b-pipe and the stock?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
happysmp said:
Thank you,

so the real question is...does the L-Tuned exhaust come with the B-Pipe? Or was it intended to be used with the stock B-Pipe?

What's the difference between the aftermarket b-pipe and the stock?
L-Tuned exhaust is designed to be used with the stock b-pipe. Aftermarket b-pipes are usually a little larger in diameter, sometimes it has no resonator or made of a different metal.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's a noticeable rumble in the low range...then oddly enough quiets up with more power.
I stuck the car in neutral and gave it a few good chops, and didn't hear the same rumble...

I"m lovin it...but honestly, just got it installed and still need to drive and paly

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Flipside909 said:
L-Tuned exhaust is designed to be used with the stock b-pipe. Aftermarket b-pipes are usually a little larger in diameter, sometimes it has no resonator or made of a different metal.
you give such wonderful explanations. haha.

where you at man? come stop by one of these days.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The L-tuned exhaust is rather heavy, and it tends to come loose after hard driving (i.e. on the track). Keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
happysmp said:
are you serious?!?!?

Yep. Several times one of the rubber donuts came loose, and I would just slip it back on. Finally, one broke, and I replaced it. I put some safety wire on, and I haven't had any problems since. No big deal.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Congrats on the new mod. I was considering one of these, but decided to stick with my HKS. Happy tuning!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
sid said:
Yep. Several times one of the rubber donuts came loose, and I would just slip it back on. Finally, one broke, and I replaced it. I put some safety wire on, and I haven't had any problems since. No big deal.
That's not the fault of the exhaust...it's the failure/deterioration of the rubber hangers holding up the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts