Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some information today from Joey Ortega, the General Manager of L-Sportline. All the L-Sportline products for the IS should be out in April. Here are some pics... Lookin' good!

I think this is the most tasteful kit I've seen for the IS yet (although I do like the RMM kit as well)! I love the L-Sportline wing! Looks like I know what I'll be getting!

The exhaust will be out in April as well, but no numbers on it yet.

The 19" forged wheels won't out until May.

I like the LOOK of the exhaust (classy), but I definitely want some hard numbers on it.

Scrap, who's IS will soon be wearing an L-Sportline badge (along with the kit and wing, of course!)

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Scrap ]

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hey Scrap,

Any mention of L-Sportline suspension components. I'm interested in their lowering springs.

Appreciate any info you can provide.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thats NICE. I think the exhaust is kinda puny though, I'll stick with my Hiper. Everything looks real classy though. Are the tails PURPLE? They look purple to me? Very appealing kit.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I really really like that kit a lot...Loks very very sleek and mature. Any price range? What are the size of teh wheels? 19 x ?? Another thing, I did read something about someone buying L Sportline badges....any word on that? where can I get more information on this package?
thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the tails PURPLE? They look purple to me?
No, it's just the way the pictures came out for some reason.

Expected exhaust numbers are about 10HP, but the dyno test should be done next week per Joey.

I'm pretty sure the wheels are 19"x8", but I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, the kit is full polyurethane, and it mounts totally using all factory mounting hardware... should be a snap to install.

Habibnazir, I don't think anyone will have any more info until around the second week of April (not too far away!
)...

Oh yeah, you can get the L-Sportline badges for $60 at Lexus Creations' GS400 page here: http://www.lexuscreations.com/GS400List.html

Scrap.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, sorry Risk3233, no word on suspension components, other than they are coming out in April as well (I don't have any info about them though). The L-Sportline springs for the other models run about $325 or so, so I'm guessing it'll be about the same. The L-Sportline springs are made by Eibach, but they are made to different specs/spring rates than the standard Eibach springs... I'm not sure what springs are on this car.

Scrap.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem!
BTW, you won't find any IS300 info on the L-Sportline page yet...

Scrap.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Zoomin+Cruisin, if you read the threads before posting then you would have realized that the "purple" question was already answered. =/

·
Registered
121 Posts
look VERY clean. I'm lovin' it.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Now that's a nice spoiler. Chalk me up for one of those when they come out.

So just to be clear. The LSportsline stuff is different than the L-Tuned stuff correct? Which is of course different than the TRD stuff...

Aha, I see now. LSportsline is an independent tuner company, exclusively Lexus...

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
I like it, but i want to know the price............

·
Registered
756 Posts
OMG that is the cleanest kit I've seen yet!!!
Need more info ....please please please!!!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know the price for the entire body kit or wheels, but when I contacted them back in early February I was told that the rear deck spoiler would be in the $150-$200 range - don't know if that held or not. That was the only part I was interested in at the time so that was all I asked. Should give some indication of their pricing strategies though.

Terry

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just got my e-mail response from Joey also and he said that the rear spoiler is "targeted" at $250 unpainted.

Just ot answer a couple of previous questions posted...

L-Sportline is a totally seperate company. It is Lexus exclusive made by DAZZ motorsports in Ca.

L-Tuned is a Lexus version of TRD and is esentially TRD.

TRD is the Japanese tuner of Lexus and Toyota and only tunes Toyotas in the US as of this far. Supposedly anything that comes out for the Lexus by TRD is re-named L-Tuned.

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: Lexus Luthor ]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
28 Participants
Mario1235
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing