Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cracked my stock bumper and was looking into getting something different and I like the l-sportline rear. However, I don't have the money right now to put sides or front on, so I was wondering if it looks alright without those. Does anyone have this setup or any pics of it?

p.s. If anyone is selling their l-sportline rear, I am looking to buy. My IS is GGP, but I will buy any color and repaint if I have to.

EDIT: Since it may be difficult to get a l-sportline rear, what are some other low profile rear bumpers that would work alright without sides?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I think it would look fine but you should end up getting the front and stuff too.. its going to be hard to find one.. best bet is in the for sale forum.. youll jsut have to look

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think it would look just fine, since it is a low profile bumper and does not hang down too far. But good luck finding one...they are one of the most rare pieces to find for the IS.

Just keep an eye on the FS forum, they do pop up once in a great while, but they fetch a pretty penny.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I have been watching the forum for them with limited success, but I will keep looking.

What are some other low profile bumpers that would go alright without sides?

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I wouldn't worry about how it looks. If I were you, I would worry about how to get yourself a L-Sportline rear.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would try and look at it from this point of view. ONCE you finally obtain the bumper. If it looks horribly off balance, that in itself will motivate you to get skirts and the front. Next thing you know, you have put together the whole package for you to admire. ;)

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
1,995 Posts
Way back when I installed the L-Sportline kit (2003), I had just the rear on for a few days. Honestly, it didnt look out of place without the sides. Although, it looks 100x better with the sides. Still my favorite rear bumper for the IS.

Good luck getting your hands on the rear. And if you do get one, have it professionally fitted, as it takes alot of work to get it to fit decently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts