Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just want to know where or what "L" from what model or year that I can use for my front grill. I just picked up a TRD front grille for my 03 IS. Looks kind of plain so I decided to mount a "L" emblem on. The only thing is I need to find one that has a certain prong on the back so that I can maybe use some screws to hold it in on the back side of it. Do anyone know what "L" emblem that has those certain prongs in the back?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
the oem front emblem has prongs but they're not long enough to screw on. most people just use double sided tape, or dremel the plastic base flat and tape that on

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
316 Posts
worddd ^^ :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The OEM front emblem looks kind of big on the TRD mesh grill IMO. A lot of people use the “L” emblem off of the engine cover for their mesh grills. Just another option I thought I’d throw out there.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
the oem front emblem has prongs but they're not long enough to screw on. most people just use double sided tape, or dremel the plastic base flat and tape that on
Agree with Chad. I made a custom grille and just used epoxy to fasten the BP "L" on the grille

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about using double sided tape but wouldn't it come off easily since there isn't a lot of contact surface between the emblem and the mesh?

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
on my last car i did that on though, over time the adhesive gets dirt and bebris in it, and loosens up off the grill. I've seen some use zipties...haha, but thats a little too much ghetto...:cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
bit off topic but what year emblem is used for the jdm 3 bar grill? mine is an '01 so my badge will not work. i assume the '03 and newer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts