Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i found a reall good connect for KYB's nonadjustables...

but from what i heard from KYBs are that they are stiff.

well i know the H&Rs are extremely low.

what im curious is, and not necassarily with these brands as a setup,

does a stiff shock & really low & stiff spings, create a naturally bad and extremely rough ride? b/c i want performance, so i stand by H&Rs since i have no kit, but will such a stiff & low setup create a ride thats just as bad as having blown shocks?

-Aaron

·
Registered
522 Posts
aaron, what you define as a rough ride, is very subjective. i'd suggest you get the AGX (if they have them for the IS) as the dampening can be adjusted and be tailored to your liking. the KYB's are tolerable. the H&R's are decent springs, but IMO it gives too low of a drop (which is more show than anything). good luck.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
i'd get tokico over kyb any day of the week for non adjustable, or adjustable

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
If you are going to go with KYB dont go with the GR2 get the AGX. Let me know which one you are looking to get, I might be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ok ..cuz well thing is KYB dont offer adjustable...

KYB non adj = $225
Tokico non adj = $260

so didnt really know...

but thanks guys. haven heard much form KYB w/ IS300's..but i wont risk it...so now its tokico illuminas or tein basics..

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
ok ok ..cuz well thing is KYB dont offer adjustable...

KYB non adj = $225
Tokico non adj = $260

so didnt really know...

but thanks guys. haven heard much form KYB w/ IS300's..but i wont risk it...so now its tokico illuminas or tein basics..

KYB AGX are 5 way adjustables....

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would go for tokicos over kybs any day of the week and twice on sunday, kyb just doesn't last as long as tokicos; i have used kybs on cars, boom trucks and even dumptrucks, and most specially cars. Spend a few more $ and save yourself more in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts