Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much it would be to install this unit? Any suggestions to where I should put the brain? I was thinking about having it flushed to the side of the trunk? i dunno im all new at this stuff. :p One last thing I got the unit brand new for $1400 is that a STEAL? Well worth it? let me know guys. your boy ED 8)

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
Anyone know how much it would be to install this unit? Any suggestions to where I should put the brain? I was thinking about having it flushed to the side of the trunk? i dunno im all new at this stuff. :p One last thing I got the unit brand new for $1400 is that a STEAL? Well worth it? let me know guys. your boy ED 8)
Install of that unit should be around $100-150.00. $1400.00 means it is most likely HOT! Dealers pay more than that!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is the cable long enough to make it to the trunk? The one that came with my Kenwood P-907 wasn't long enough to make it into the trunk of my old Saturn. When I install my P-907 in my IS, I plan to mount them under my seats. Either to the floor or to the seats frames themselves so the "brains" move with the seats.

I bought my P-907 when it first came out for $700 on yahoo auctions. The guy told me he worked at a shop and got it at dealer discount. I later found out that was B.S. After talking to some guys from a local shop, they told me dealer cost was about double what I paid. It was brand new in an unopened and sealed box. So who knows where it came from.

Anyone know where I can get a Kenwood KGC-9044 for a good price. New or used?

·
13,978 Posts
you should be able to mount the brain right under the driver side and tuck it away in the right hand most corner of the car. the area right above the clutch pedal if you have a manual car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions! I went around my area and they were asking for about $150 to $180 to install it without a kit!. Does anyone know where they sell the IS300 kits on the internet? Ill be sure to post pics as soon as I get this done. your boy ED :D

·
Useless
5,346 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine in SD - Navy Exchange for 1999 considering taken off an additional 30% off came out to be 1399 and then applied for their credit got approved and took another additional 10% off. The S*iT retials for over 2000 at then high price store like tweeter and good guys. I think it was a deal. -

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Is3doublE0 said:
I got mine in SD - Navy Exchange for 1999 considering taken off an additional 30% off came out to be 1399 and then applied for their credit got approved and took another additional 10% off. The S*iT retials for over 2000 at then high price store like tweeter and good guys. I think it was a deal. -
That is a total steal! If you can get more then I want 5! No shit I will seriously buy 5 of them as that price is way below my dealer cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
lisnup65
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing