Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
We don't have any 1.1 bars in stock. Get the TRD cap at 1.3bar.
So should I not be worried about this...

i dunno if you wanna use a high pressure cap. stock system has a max rating of 1.25 bar (17.8 psi) meaning yeah your fluid will now boil at a higher temp but pressure will be beyond the max capacity before any relief is given. think of all the coolant seals main example is headgasket! honestly, since you are already going 2 row you will be well within temps/pressure for the stock system to handle. especially w/o FI. going to a higher pressure cap is mainly to suppress hot spots within the motor and to keep an area from boiling and placing air in the system.
The TRD cap isn't worth it to me if it will cause issues later down the road. I mainly wanted it to go with my TRD oil cap.

I'll hold off on a cap for now, I don't plan on installing it for a couple months anyway.

But I did just purchase the Koyo :p

i did this swap years ago so maybe there are differnt versions but my TRD cap didnt fit the koyo. i had to use a Nissan cap.
I assume you never had issues with the TRD cap being a higher pressure huh?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
So should I not be worried about this...

The TRD cap isn't worth it to me if it will cause issues later down the road. I mainly wanted it to go with my TRD oil cap.

I'll hold off on a cap for now, I don't plan on installing it for a couple months anyway.

But I did just purchase the Koyo :p

I assume you never had issues with the TRD cap being a higher pressure huh?
no i never had any issues with the TRD Cap.

but just to be clear none of the IS300 caps OEM or TRD fit my Koyo.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I did some looking around on Supra forums and they said an older style TRD Type S cap would fit. I guess it's the newer Type N style that doesn't fit. Both are 1.3 caps.

Either way, I found a Type S cap so I bought it. Seems like it fits fine to me.

So unless there is some kind of issue with it being all the way sealed I think I'll be fine.

Ray I'm assuming it was blatantly obvious that your TRD cap wouldn't fit?

·
Registered
438 Posts
very interested in purchasing a Koyo radiator with no pin hole leaks please. also just wanted an update do these come with the koyo radiator caps or do I have to purchase a radiator cap on the side? thanks PM sent!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
You've got a PM! :)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts