Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
My stock radiator is starting to show significant fatigue marks near the upper radiator neck.

Time to spring for an aftermarket unit. You have a PM ;)

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Ordered.

Excellent price btw. :)

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
So you can use the stock cap?
needs different cap. in case anyone is interested, i have an extra HKS one. but please delete if this is illegal

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Eddie,

Got my radiator and it looks great! But I need some help as it didn't include a cap. Can't get my car back on the road without a cap! Left you a PM.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Dang...my PM box was full. Can you resend the PM?

And I'll def get pix guys! It's too pretty not to.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Hey Eddie,

Really need your help on the cap. I've never really gotten a status on what you're doing to get me a cap. Figured I'd see it in the mail by now. It's been installed and my car is ready to go save for the cap.

If you need, we can just settle for $10 and I'll go grab myself a landcruiser cap from the Yota dealer.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I did and I will post them...soon. Everythign fits dandy!

·
Vendor
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hey Eddie,

Really need your help on the cap. I've never really gotten a status on what you're doing to get me a cap. Figured I'd see it in the mail by now. It's been installed and my car is ready to go save for the cap.

If you need, we can just settle for $10 and I'll go grab myself a landcruiser cap from the Yota dealer.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul,

Thats fine. Its so crappy that Koyo never told any of us they stopped putting the caps in. We don't unbox them, so we never knew the new batch had nothing in them.

Eddie

·
Boosted Troll
1,360 Posts
got any more handy? and do they still not come with a cap?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Ahh...forgot to post pics.

DSC_8535b.jpg

DSC_8533b.jpg

Radiator is working out GREAT. OEM fit, better than OEM finish, and just flat out works. Drop it in and off you go. Car doesn't really take perceptibly longer to heat up in the mornings, but granted I'm in So-Cal with super mild climate.

black86's was spot on in his recommendation to use a 90's v8 landcruiser cap. ~$10 from dealer and confirmed to be 1.1 bar.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts