Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just finished installing my koni yellows on my car, just wanted to make sure everything is solid.

1) How do you tighten the bolt that goes on the top of the shock? The front set has the picture of using two wrenches, but the bolt goes down so deep its below the plate with the 3 studs. I just want to pull my impact gun and nail it down but the picture has a big warning to not use it....

2) Also for the rear, the bolt you use looks like a nylon lock nut. Do you screw it on with the nylon facing up or down? And again, how do you tighten this nut? When I turn it the entire shaft spins with the nut.

Any advise would be great,
Thanks.

Reactions: mikedtrd

·
1,621 Posts
Hey man, I just installed my koni's about 2 weeks ago so I think I can help ya!

1) You have to use the 2 wrenches like the instructions show. It will take a while to tighten but it's the only way...

2) You install the nut so that the nylon faces up??? Just install it like the picture below...

And to tighten it, you have to use the 2 wrenches just like the front shocks.

·
1,621 Posts
If ya have any other questions just let me know!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so one wrench for the nut, but what size wrench do you use for the shock part? Is it that tiny little shaft right under the firmness adjuster?

·
1,621 Posts
Exactly!! I think it is a 4 or 6mm... can't quite remember off the top of my head...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts