Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got them both sitting in the garage waiting for sturday to be installed. Ive read that the koni shocks have 2 levels for height but the instuctions arent very clear. Anyone care to enlighten?
Also i want to get rid of the gap but dont want to tuck under the fender. Do you guys reccomend that i use the top level on the shocks or the lower level?
Thanks for the help. Search provided some info but nothing conrete.

·
Registered
444 Posts
what size wheels do you have?

i have the eibach pro-kit and 18's. i just installed the rears today. i thought i'd try the lower setting first to see how it is (i know if i would have gone straight with the "normal" setting i would have always wondered about the lower setting). anyway, with the eibachs and the lower perch setting, i get a TIGHT 1 finger gap on the rear left and JUST over a 1 finger gap on the rear right. it's about .25" lower than with my bilsteins.

i'm pretty skeptical about what this is going to mean when i do the fronts. as you know, the perch delta is greater on the fronts than on the rears for whatever reason. i think it's going to be too low for me so i'll probably have to raise it back up to the normal setting.

with teins you'll get an even bigger drop of course, but i don't know if you're on stock 17's.

so, looking at the car now the drop is borderline of being too low. i like a 1 finger gap all the way around, but add people in the car and it'll probably look ghetto. plus driveability is degraded.

anyway, it's hard to tell you what to do since every car is different, but you may want to stick with the normal setting.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now im on stock rims but as soon as the winter is over im gonna get rays gram lights in 18x8 and 18x9 so i think i might have to go with the normal setting as well. I want a one finger gap but as you said it does look ghetto once u load the car. So normal setting it is.
One more question....how do i know which setting its in?

·
Registered
444 Posts
they come from the factory on the standard setting. you can tell by looking at the shock, it's the higher of the two settings. to move it to the lower setting you would move the c clip down one towards the bottom of the shock.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright, got that part...............now one more question. When i took one of the shocks out of the box i kind of started playing with the dampening knob up top and now it isnt even with the others, is there a way of resetting it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah, don't worry about it. they only go 2 rotations each way. so, just spin them all the same way and you're set.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright just one more question (sorry to be a pain in the ass)....waht do i do with those little white plastic things that come with the shocks. If you dont know what im talking about i mean those little white things that are round and about the diameter of the shock. The rear ones already have em around the shock itself and the front ones come loose in the box. Where do they go? thanks again

·
Registered
444 Posts
they just go over the end of the shock to cover it. the bump stops will rest on them. just put the loose ones on just like the others that came pre-assembled.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet, DOTs for you sir, thanks for putting up with me. Please PM me an AIM or email adress because i may have some other questions before the install this saturday.

·
Registered
406 Posts
just wanted to ask....would the standard setting actually raise my car a little after i put them on? or would it keep the car around the same height? I have h&r springs on now and id like to keep the height about the same.

·
Registered
444 Posts
the "standard" perch settings are the same as the stock shocks. (the lowered settings are approx .5" in back and .75" in front.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts