Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Tein STech springs and planning on getting new shocks very soon before I ruin my stock shocks.

Can someone give me an advice on which adjustable shocks I should buy? Also the Tein springs already lowered my car 1.5" which is perfect. How much more it's going to drop with the Koni or Tokico shocks?

·
Registered
176 Posts
AVIS300 said:
I installed the Tein STech springs and planning on getting new shocks very soon before I ruin my stock shocks.

Can someone give me an advice on which adjustable shocks I should buy? Also the Tein springs already lowered my car 1.5" which is perfect. How much more it's going to drop with the Koni or Tokico shocks?
This topic has been discussed numerous times. I'll answer your question though. Shocks will not lower your ride. Are you going to track your car? As you may already know, Tokico illuminas are good in that they can adjust for rebound/compression (simultaneously). Koni's are good as well, but only have rebound adjustment. Like I said earlier, if you plan on tracking your car you will want to get the Koni's and get them revalved and convert them to double adjustables (adj both rebound and compression individually). That's another $250/per shock from ProParts.

I have a simple question, why did you not buy the aftermarket shocks beforehand and install them together with the springs. If you didn't install them yourself, you are going to have to fork over the extra money to uninstall and reinstall the suspension system again.

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
i did my springs myself, i was gonna go with the tokico's cause they were nice and already adajustable bothways, well with one knob.

i track my car but not often enough to care, i do it for fun not to be super competative, the difference in the two could be made up in good driving skills if you ask me, especially with the softer tein springs
and i do my own work so i don't have to pay for installation or a reinstalation and my gues is that he was probably the same way, or just has the money to burn, i couldn't(didn' want) to afford shocks at the time, especially when the stock shocks are doing just fine

revalving for 250 a piece is a 1000 dollar upgrade - thats a set of tein SS coilovers, then the cost of the actual shocks, thats the price of some tein flex's or other coilovers of similar price(obviously), i'd rather have the coilovers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.