Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Buy it used? I run 4 raptors, 2 48" bar, qtowers, pads and clips and only spent 280. Of which 140 was spent on new q towers. I bargain shopped and waited till the time was right. ShagginWagon has his listed and is a SUPER clean setup - http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-yakima-rack-48-fairing-10-locks-raptor-bike-mount-super-clean-435992/. The ones you listed will still require some sort of rail for the bike, snowboard, etc...So you will be right in the same price range. I would stick with Thule or Yakima, buy used and wait for a good deal.

·
Registered
199 Posts
all i know is they look sexy on slammed cars. i dont have one or a bike, but sh!t i thought about it lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a Thule or Yakima as said before
parted together a yakima rack from a few different craigslist ads yesterday, 2 bike holders, snowboard racks, crossbars, q towers & clips, and fairing for ~450... and I had to buy a cannondale lefty so had to spend another 75 on a lefty adapter for the rack :pissed:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I checked Thule's website and they dont make a roof rack for the IS. But I was able to use the one that I had for my Audi and it fit fine. Im trying to sell it btw if interested.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Yakima on mine, no complaints. Take your time (if you can) and bargain shop. Dont have to buy it all together from one place, look around

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Yakima on mine, no complaints. Take your time (if you can) and bargain shop. Dont have to buy it all together from one place, look around
thanks for all the help.. over the weekend I pieced together:

yakima crossbars: $40
yakima king cobra bike carriers: $100
Q Clips/Towers: $240
Dakine surfboard foam pads: $20
CUSTOM cut plexiglass fairing w/ Yakima logo: $20
(got to use my new vinyl plotter to make the decal:p)

So happy with it...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! I recently bought an old school Yakima rectangle fairing on craigslist so my rack is completely done.
let me know if anyone wants a clear one, i think i may make another b/c i think i can make it larger still to improve aerodynamics so i'll have some leftover plexi... and i can make the legit yakima decal, any size and color :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts