Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i'm bout to get my kit put on, and i had a couple of concerns. its a C-West kit, and i was going to get it bolted on...but, do the bolts go in the tabs that are on the front and back bumper? i have a concern with my front or rear bumper falling off..those tabs are fiberglass and don't look like they could hold all that weight. its not a real C-West kit though. and, also, will my kit be wabbling arround toward the bottom everythime i hit a bump or something?

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
I have CWest replica front bumper and sideskirts, too. I'm going to install kit when I pickup the rear bumper on Wednesday from another .NETter. I'll let you know when I install the bumper to see how it's like :)

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
The tabs should be sufficient enough to hold the bumpers. For the front of mine I have two bolts and nut on each side and clips ont he top side where it meets the hood. As for the rears I only have a bolts/nuts on each side where it meets the rear quarter. The rear bumper will move when hitting a bump, but only on the passenger side because of the exhaust.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
thksdad said:
hey guys, i'm bout to get my kit put on, and i had a couple of concerns. its a C-West kit, and i was going to get it bolted on...but, do the bolts go in the tabs that are on the front and back bumper? i have a concern with my front or rear bumper falling off..those tabs are fiberglass and don't look like they could hold all that weight. its not a real C-West kit though. and, also, will my kit be wabbling arround toward the bottom everythime i hit a bump or something?
No the kit will be fine where the bolts are located to the factory location

If the TABS look flimsy have the shop reinforce them

·
Registered
358 Posts
Always have someone follow you when you leave the shop, or right after you get it done....someone who will know what to look for(not your mom or dad). This way they can tell you what, if anything is wobbling around or flopping in the wind. It will save you alot of extra money by just making sure. Something to be said about having the guy reinforce the fiberglass before you get it sprayed.....just to be on the safe side. post pics when you get her out of the shop bro.

·
Registered
547 Posts
SOLAYELLA said:
Always have someone follow you when you leave the shop, or right after you get it done....someone who will know what to look for(not your mom or dad). This way they can tell you what, if anything is wobbling around or flopping in the wind. It will save you alot of extra money by just making sure. Something to be said about having the guy reinforce the fiberglass before you get it sprayed.....just to be on the safe side. post pics when you get her out of the shop bro.
That's a great easy idea that I think I would've never have thought of! Thanks!

sISp

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
thksdad said:
Let your body shop worry about that.
Everyone else with the bumper doesn't seem to have a problem with it "wabbling" around.

And I thought you were doing an "altezza conversion"?

Locking this because:
what answer do you expect? Regardless of the answer, your body shop will be doing the work to make it fit. And it's very unreasonable that the bumper can't support it's own weight. No one else has ever had this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.