Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am leaving the house after my lunch and this guy wants to demonstrate something...my friend lets him in and he whips out a Kirby vaccuum cleaner....holy cow...that thing is awesome...have any of you guys seen this? he said retail for the one he was showing us is $2600 or something like that...

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I have a Kirby, but it's an older one and I'm sure the new ones rock even compared to the one I have. I like it, mine is just heavy as hell.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is300girl said:
I have a Kirby, but it's an older one and I'm sure the new ones rock even compared to the one I have. I like it, mine is just heavy as hell.
this thing is super light and easy to push...I was amazed and probably would have bought it if the damn thing wasn't so much money...I just don't think I could invest that much money in cleaning

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
is300girl said:
this thing is super light and easy to push...I was amazed and probably would have bought it if the damn thing wasn't so much money...I just don't think I could invest that much money in cleaning
It is awesome, my Mom bought one about 6 months ago when my cousin was selling them.

They are worth the price if you have any problems with dust or allergies.

My mom talked him down to $1800 for everything, even the shampooer (sp?)

She LOVES it though, very light, guaranteed for life, came with extra belts and all that cool shit. Even a little portable dust-buster type thing, which is pretty cool in itself.

You can negotiate with them usually, try it.

Kane

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Scam. They're decent vaccums, but way overpriced.

A good Hoover Wind Tunnel is better, they're self propelled just like the Kirby, and they're under $300.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
They're great....my mom has one. Our Mexican housekeeper loves it. She runs all over the house with that thing. "Arriba, Arriba!"

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Get a Hoover Windtunnel Non Self Propelled. The Hepa filter on the self propelled is never properly sealed.
If you're going to spend 2 grand on a vacuum I suggest looking at Rainbow.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, it's not like I am in the market for a vacuum...this guy just showed up to do a demo...anyways...this thing amazed me...actually, it's rather disgusting, it picked up so much crap out of the carpet and we just had the carpets cleaned over the weekend, it makes me wonder how good the carpet cleaners really are :pissed:

·
Registered
764 Posts
NOPE. I used to own a 5500 sq foot night club and have vac'ed the shit out of it many times. Kirby's or a good commercial are hard to beat. I have the Gen 5 kirby and paid 1000 for it..........with the shampoo attatch wich is junk by the way. I wouldnt pay over 1200 for one.
Very good vac and the only wearing part is a small belt and its cheap and easy to replace.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
got the old skool kirby at my house (15yrs old), weighs like 50lbs.. still sucks up all types of ish tho, got it from my parents......handdown..... this thing wil never die......give it to my kids its built liek a all steel tank...bangs up the trim on the walls good too.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
You guys can smoke crack all day if you want. I used to sell those things and the Hoover can not pick up as well for instance sand or salt. also whens the last time you saw a hoover turn in to a leaf blower or a shampooer or paint gun or floor buffer also Kirby’s have a life time warranty and can filter up to .2 microns which is really close to a hepa filter. If you want one talk the guy down to $1300 as he can sell it for $100 less then his cost. its really worth the mony considering the avarage Kerby last 15 years before the owner replace it and the avarage hoover last 2 years.

$1600 one Kirby = 15 years + better cleaning

$300 one hoover = 2 years
$600 two hoover = 4 years
$1200 four hoovers = 8 years
$2400 eight hoovers = 16 years

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
I agree - there's no need to spend that much.

I had a kenmore that lasted well over ten yrs - recently replaced it with another. Works dandy. Cost under $300. And don't get those stupid bagless ones.

And I got the kenmore initially and again because of the ratings in consumer reports - they will tell you if the Kirby is worth the dough.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
23 Participants
jobless
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing