Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
UPDATE
I cleaned all the coil and plug connections and I’m still getting the misfire. The misfire code seems to change, I got random before I left on vacation and now after finishing cleaning the coils I’m getting a cyl 6 misfire code.

If that is at 4.5 voltage. It is high. Should be around 3 volts. There is a procedure in the factory manual you can do to check all of this stuff. Just download a copy and look it up.
I’m not sure what the voltage is I need to pick up a multimeter to test it but the live data on my obd is reading that MAF data in grams/sec. but if the maf was bad wouldn’t it be throwing another code? Same with the ignitor TPS and APP?

·
4,789 Posts
UPDATE
I cleaned all the coil and plug connections and I’m still getting the misfire. The misfire code seems to change, I got random before I left on vacation and now after finishing cleaning the coils I’m getting a cyl 6 misfire code.

I’m not sure what the voltage is I need to pick up a multimeter to test it but the live data on my obd is reading that MAF data in grams/sec. but if the maf was bad wouldn’t it be throwing another code? Same with the ignitor TPS and APP?
It will throw a code if it gets bad enough. Still could need new coils or wires. Have you check the compression?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It will throw a code if it gets bad enough. Still could need new coils or wires. Have you check the compression?
I did a compression test, I warmed the engine first but by the time I had removed the throttle body and finished the test It wasn’t at operating temp anymore.
Cyl 1: 145 psi
Cyl 2: 150psi
Cyl 3: 150psi
Cyl 4: 145psi
Cyl 5: 160psi
Cyl 6: 135psi

I’m not sure what the psi is supposed too be or what the allowed difference in psi is but I assume cyl 6 is way too low. Is it safe to assume this is why cyl 6 is misfiring and if so any suggestions on repairs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts