Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Is300 the previous owner added a kill switch and automatic starter. The problem is I can not start the car without pressing the automatic starter button wait for the car to start then put the key in the ignition and go. Today I parked outside and it is -38 I went to my car after work and pressed the button but the automatic starter will Not start the car. I have pressed every button inside the car trying to deactivate the Kill switch with No luck! The battery on the remote is brand new!

Can anyone think or know of a way to start my car!! Need help a.s.a.p as I had to leave me car stuck on the street!

Thank You!

·
Registered
347 Posts
for supras, to bypass the kill switch, put the key in ignition, turn it three times, and crank it....

since toyota makes lexus, try that haha....but thats an aftermarket starter so who knows....

good luck....

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
Re: Kill switch problem my car Won't start! NEED HELP A.S.A.

Montreal said:
When I purchased my Is300 the previous owner added a kill switch and automatic starter. The problem is I can not start the car without pressing the automatic starter button wait for the car to start then put the key in the ignition and go. Today I parked outside and it is -38 I went to my car after work and pressed the button but the automatic starter will Not start the car. I have pressed every button inside the car trying to deactivate the Kill switch with No luck! The battery on the remote is brand new!

Can anyone think or know of a way to start my car!! Need help a.s.a.p as I had to leave me car stuck on the street!

Thank You!
It could be related to the mechnical properties of the relay at that temp. That is pretty cold.

You will need to locate the relay that the kill switch ties to, either apply heat to the relay and see if that works or bypass the relay wiring.

The relay will be a small plastic box with 4 wires ususally.
2 wires are the circuit you ar trying to control with the switch. the other two are the switch and ground.

If the switch is bad, cut the wires going to the switch and determine what enables the car: Switch on or off. If off, you are done since the switch is no longer active. If on, then tie the switch wires together and it should work.

You will have to find out what the failed part is. The switch or the relay.
Fig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.